13. The Wedding (Part 1)

°13. The Wedding (Part 1)°

It was the week of Henry and Lisa's wedding. I had to get my dress yet and Lisa was coming to the flower shop to talk to my boss about bouquets. I sat at the counter processing the flowers we just got in as the bell above the door dinged. I shot up and raced out to the sales floor. I was greeted by Lisa's smiling face.

"Hey, Lisa." I said, "Let me go get Cat and we can sit down and talk." I said, motioning towards the little office we had. She nodded and I walked off to find Cat.

"Hey, my friend's mom is here to talk about her wedding." I said as I found her in the back office doing a money audit.

"Oh! Okay, give me about 10 minutes to finish and I'll be out. Go ahead and get started, you've sat in on quite enough to know what to ask."

I gave her finger guns and a click of the tongue before walking back to the sales floor. I grabbed out wedding binder and some paper and walked over to the office door, unlocking it. "She'll be out in a few minutes, so I'll get you started." I smiled, letting her walk in first. Our office was bland. It had a table and some chairs and that's about it.

"I can't thank you enough for this."

"Oh, it's no problem, Lisa." I smiled, sitting down and opening the binder. "It's not really wedding season, so we're not too busy."

She chuckled and I started the order by writing her name, the wedding date, and what she needed. She was just doing her bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets and boutonnieres.

"So, it's a good time for roses and all the kind of basic flowers. So things like carnations and mum's, then like baby's breath, stock, alstromeria, stuff like that."

"Those are just works to me." She laughed " You see what goes on here, so you suggest things."

"Well, you're doing blues so we could so some roses and carnations sprayed blue. We could try and get some delphinium in."

We talked with Cat for a while once she came in, and she got everything figured out. Lisa payed early and she went to go get her dress.

"So which of your friends mom's was that?" She asked. Cat met my friends a while ago when we stopped over one day because I left my phone charger, Cat was closing shop doing her last audit.

"Larry, and soon to be Sal's." I said.

"Oh that's right! The two friends parents are getting together." She said, looking up from her laptop.

"Yeah." I laughed. "It's pretty cool, right?"

"Oh yeah, totally." She said, shutting her laptop and putting her glasses on the desk. She grabbed her coat. "Well, I'm done for the night. You don't need to come in tomorrow, we don't really have anything going on, so Kelly can keep an eye on the front end."

"Okay." I said. "I'll see you on Friday then." I said, grabbing my coat and bag off the hook. I heard a honk which would be my dad here to get me.

"Bye, sweetie!" Cat shouted as I left out the door. I waved at her and then opened the car door. My dad smiled at me and waved to Cat. I noticed his tux in the back seat.

"You didn't happen to grab my dress while you were at the shop, did you?" I asked, hoping he listed when I asked him to grab it today.

"Sure did, bug!" He smiled, putting the car in reverse and backing out if the space.

"Life saver!" I said, giving him a high five.

"How did work go?" He asked, putting the car in gear and driving off. The shop wasn't too far from the house, but for being mid February, it was cold so I couldn't walk.