"Let it go"

+ + + +

"Your homecoming King an Queen are Luke and Danielle!"

The crowd went wild and I felt crushed but I smiled anyway and clapped along too. I watched as he took Danielle's hand and lead her on the stage.

"Any words from the King?" The mike was handed to Luke as he turned to face the school population.

Luke smiled a dazzling smile that almost took my breath away. "Yes, I do actually. There's this special girl that's helped me a lot and I wanted to thank her."

I stared at him shocked. Was he honestly giving me a dedication? Was he going to te-

"And that girl is Danielle, she's helped me through a rough patch in my life and I love her for that."

Oh... my heart deflated at that moment but it began to break even more when the crowd wolf whistled and erupted into cheers. They began to chant "kiss her, kiss her" when in my mind all I could chant was "no no no"

She smiled shyly at him and with one swift movement, he pulled her to him and kissed her. As the crowd continued to cheer, I stumbled back for the door. I had to get out of here.Concealing the hurt that I felt, I left the building as quickly as possible. I could feel the tears build up but I swiped at my eyes angrily.

I didn't have the right to be angry. I chose this, not him. I'm the one who made us part ways and now he's happy so I should be happy for him. I am happy for him, no matter how much it hurt to see him with another girl. I was happy that he finally got what he deserved. He finally got his fairytale ending and it was time for me to have an ending too. I couldn't keep clinging onto the past. It wasn't healthy for me to keep doing this. I dabbed at my eyes once again.

Taking in a shaky breath I whispered to the wind, "I just have to let it go."