You're Invited!

"We bother a lot when something is going extinct, but we don't care when it exists,"
- Praveen O'range

Gemini restlessly tapped her foot as she was waiting for her next assignment. The doctors raced back and forth like she was invisible and handed off clipboards to other nurses. Finally, after waiting for some time a doctor approached her. He was an outstanding surgeon who graduated top of his class and graduated medical school early. Gemini honestly thought he was going to walk right past her like the others.

"Gemini." He acknowledged.

"Dr. Scorpio, pleasure to meet you." She said nervously. She had only heard about his achievements, never seen him face to face. She respectfully put her hands together and waited for him to talk.

"Check on patient 102. It's been a week since I performed surgery on him. Make sure he's healing well." He placed the clipboard delicately in her hands.

"Yes, of course Dr." She nodded. He began to walk off, his red hair visible from even the end of the long hallway.

Gemini walked into the elevator and once again began her nervous habit. Once she had reached the correct floor she walked to the designated room and prepared herself before entering.

"Mr. Jones, how are you feeling today?" She asked from behind the curtain.

"I'm feeling fine, still a bit sore." A higher pitched answered.

Gemini carefully pulled back a curtain and saw a smiling freckled boy with dusty brown hair staring back at her. When he smiled he showed off his missing front tooth.

"It says here you had surgery for appendicitis?" Gemini was relived it was a simple operation.

"Yup. You won't believe how bad it hurt before they took it out. I feel great now!" He cheered.

"Where are your guardians?" Gemini asked while checking the heart monitor and writing notes about his current condition.

"Guardians? You mean my parents?" He tilted his head.

"Yes your parents." Gemini gently laughed at his confusion.

"They went to the cafeteria to get me some food." He said.

"Well I'll come back when they're here so I can talk to them." Gemini expertly changed out the drip by the side of his bed.

"Wait miss! Can you talk with me for a while? I haven't seen my friends in so long." He whined.

"I...suppose I can spare a few moments." Gemini sighed and sat by his bed.

"Ok I need your opinion on something." He sat up and looked directly in her eyes.

"There's this girl in school and I really like her but I think she's too pretty for me. What should I do?" He looked concerned.

"First of all you're only in elementary school so you shouldn't have to worry about that." Gemini checked his age.

"But I like her!" He whined.

"Ok ok. First you have to be friends with her for a long time. Then when you're older tell her you like her." Gemini snickered.

"Hmm...I'll try that! What about you miss? Do you like anyone?" He leaned closer.

"I might like someone but that's none of your concern is it?" Gemini poked his shoulder.

"It says here I should give you some pain medication." Gemini shuffled through the medicine cabinet and pulled out a needle.

"I don't like needles!" He gasped.