Epilogue: A New Beginning

• Dedicated to Freddie Mercury, and my friends

February 1992

I stared down the aisle of the church, my hand in that of my father's. The church was filled with people, both strangers and friends, but all I could see was Nathan at the other end. This was the man I wanted to be with: the love of my life.

The orchestra started to play "Ave Maria" by Bach. I took a step, then another, until my father and I reached the minister and my fiance.

I nodded at my father, then looked back to the crowd. Five faces smiled back at me- Brian May and his wife Elizabeth, John and Stephanie Deacon, and Roger Taylor. Their children sat in the pew behind them. I turned back to the minister.

The music stopped, and Nathan and I exchanged our vows, then the minister pronounced us husband and wife. The church was full of celebration as we kissed, ready to begin our new life together.

The reception was that evening at a fancy French-style restaurant. After a luxurious dinner, Nathan and I opened our presents and received our congratulations. I was overwhelmed with people who wanted to shake my hand and talk to me, complimenting my wedding gown and the pink cocktail dress I was currently wearing. But no one's words meant more to me than Nathan's.

"You look so perfect and beautiful," he whispered.

"Thanks." I looked toward the dancefloor, where Stephanie and Elizabeth were chatting, sipping champagne.

"I love you so much."

"Me too."

"Go on, join the other ladies." He gestured to the dancefloor.

"Come with me!" I grabbed his wrist and we walked together into the crowd.

The DJ started to play the first of the songs Nathan and I had chosen. I recognized it immediately-

"Caannnnn anyboddyyyy... find meeeee... somebody tooo... looooove?"

I smiled at my husband.

"Care to dance?" he asked.

"I'd be delighted."

Soon, Roger, Brian, John, and their wives joined us on the floor, and we were surrounded by couples waltzing in time to the music, and Freddie Mercury's beautiful voice-

"Lord, somebody, somebody, can anybody find me... somebody to love?"

And then I knew that despite hisdeath, Freddie was there too, in a very special way. I had found somebody to love, and I hadn't really ever lost Freddie. He was alive in my heart forever, and my life was just reaching a new beginning.

It was going to be amazing.

THE END