1

1

Blood.

All Shaofei could smell was blood.

Someone was walking towards him in confident strides, then he crouched down.

The light was blinding the face out of his sight, or was he not able to see at all?

The only thing he could decipher was the name on the handkerchief beside him.

唐毅 (Tang yi).

---//---

Shaofei once again woke up drenched in sweat. His hands tightly grabbing the already rumpled sheets on both sides of his body, like a lifeline.

Once his breathing become less labored, he walked out of bed into the kitchen. He refilled the empty glass and turned around to stare at the all too familiar faces. All connected through lines. Most already scratched out in big red 'X' marks.

Ah De. The very beginning of his problems. He was always proclaiming his love for Tangyi. Shaofei never bothered to think about love rivals, expecting all adults should be mature enough in the field. Backing off when needed to, when love was not reciprocated. Little did Shaofei know, that expectation would be the start of all his misery.

'It's okay. That problem has been taken care of' Shaofei thought, tracing the big red 'X' mark across Ah De's photo.

The cop. Ah De's partner in crime. Neither did Shaofei would ever guessed, someone working so close to him would be associating themselves with the bad side. Unfortunately for the cop, Shaofei did not care anymore and needless to say, another problem was solved.

Connected to Ah De was Hong Ye.

'The most important person in my life. My weakness. My blind side.' Shaofei recalled Tangyi saying it once.

"Well, not a problem anymore, isn't it?" Shaofei mumbled the word determinedly, tracing another big red 'X' mark.

Gu Daoyi. He was a good man. He loved Hong Ye with all his might and Shaofei was reluctant to just placed him along with these other rats. But his goal was clear, and whatever comes in his way, must be banished. Easy to say, Daoyi kept his promised to Hong Ye, to stay with her until the very end. Daoyi somehow didn't beg for his life instead---

'I hope you will forgive Lil Miss... She did this out of love to The Boss.'

How Shaofei wanted to laugh.

The rest was just an afterthought. Those big red 'X' marks didn't mean anything to Shaofei. Only one picture left untouched, unharmed.

Tangyi.

Shaofei repeated the name in his head like a mantra. Every waking moment he imagined he'd finally, finally, be able to see the expression on his face. What kind of emotion would be shown when Tangyi was the one drenched in blood, deeply cut through the core by Shaofei's knife?

Shaofei gritted his teeth and threw the now empty glass across the room, perfectly hitting a wall and shattering in a million pieces.