~Chapter III. The rise of the murder husbands

Start from the beginning

Focusing his powers, he made a cut appear in his arm and held it above the bowl with the other ingredients. A few drupplets of blood dripped down, making smoke curl off the bowl. The cut disappeared and he held his arms up in front of him, proceeding to chant the ancient spell to open the gate to the Empty and get Lucifer out. The words flowed past Nick's lips and felt heavy in the air as the power between the words scorched through the sky. "Come home to me, Luci," Nick muttered once the incantation was done.

Cold seeped into his veins and Nick shuddered in euphoria when he felt the presence of another entity enter the room. "Lucifer," he purred right when the Archangel finally appeared before him in all his glory. Bright wings unfurled and glowing red eyes looked down on Nick. When he was human, all that Nick would have seen was the black goo from the Empty, but he was no human anymore and so he looked past it and saw Lucifer's radiant true form. "You're beautiful, Luci," he breathed out.

"Nick," Lucifer said once, his voice raspy and full of emotion. And then the angel jumped at him with a choked cry, wrapping around him in a hug and holding on tightly. "Nick," Lucifer cried.

Nick held his angel tightly, burying his face in his neck and not caring about the goo tickling his face. He wrapped his wings around them both, which prompted Lucifer to see them for the first time. "A lot happened when I was away it seems," the Archangel commented. "Nick, what happened?"

For the first time, Nick felt nervous. Would Lucifer still love him the same when he learned what he was? "Jack killed me, and my soul went down to Hell," he buried his face completely in Lucifer, the cold so different from Hell's flames and bringing him much needed comfort. "There I changed and became... this. The demons call me a Nephalem and I became the new King of Hell."

Lucifer pulled back from him and gently took his face between his hands. Being able to look past the black goo, Nick saw nothing but beauty upon witnessing Lucifer's true form. "A Nephalem?" He repeated, a slow grin forming on his face as he shook his head in amazement. "Trust you to break all the known laws of creation, my dearest Nick. You are quite something else alright."

"So you are... not angry?" Nick asked, needing to be sure.

Lucifer seemed baffled and pulled back in shock. "Why would I be angry at you climbing to the top, gaining all those powers for yourself and saving me from The Empty?" He shook his head. "No, Nick. I am not mad at you. I am grateful." Then Lucifer added, muck like an afterthought, "Don't tell anyone I got so sappy or I will kill you." He would only show this side of him around Nick, the one he trusted and grew to love over the decade they've been together.

Nick smiled, knowing that Lucifer would never do that. "We shouldn't stay here for very long," Lucifer commented, yet he still hung on to him, "those Losechester's might come and screw everything up."

"They won't. They are death," Nick replied, which caught Lucifer's attention. The angel looked up at him and tilted his head. "I killed them, and Castiel too. They will never bother us again, my love. The world is ours and ours alone." Nick gently placed his hands around Lucifer's face and looked into those eyes he loved so much. "I even killed God."

Lucifer arched up an eyebrow and placed a hand on Nick's chest. Realization dawned. "And you took his powers," the angel muttered. "What about Jack? Our son?"

"I cannot find him," Nick replied truthfully. "I'm having the demons look for him but they haven't been successful so far. I'm sorry, Luci."

"We'll find him," Lucifer stubbornly said. Nick nodded in agreement. "In the meantime," the angel added, "I should find myself a vessel... I'm not sure I would even be able to take you again..."

"I might have a better idea," Nick murmured, eyes glowing, "just trust me."

Lucifer nodded breathlessly as Nick reached out and placed both of his hands around his head. The angel closed his eyes and Nick tapped into his powers. He literally had God's powers as his own... he figured he would be able to build his angel a vessel capable of holding him. Taking a deep sign, he focused on constructing a physical body to wrap around his grace and very being. It was more difficult than Nick originally thought - it wasn't easy to make it strong enough, but he managed at the end by constructing it based on his own. Removing his hands from Lucifer's head, he looked at what he had done. "It seems to have worked," he commented. Lucifer opened his now clear blue eyes and looked at him. "How is it?" Nick asked him, slightly anxious.

Lucifer pulled up his hand and moved his fingers around, watching the movement intently. He nodded slowly. "This will work," he said with a smile and Nick's shoulders loosened in relief. "Thank you, Nick."

Almost carefully, Lucifer reached out and gently touched his cheek. His touch as light as sunlight dancing over water. A smirk slowly grew on his face. "Now that we both have a body of our own and all that," he hummed, bringing his face closer until Nick could see almost nothing but those brilliant eyes, "there is something that I would like to try with you. Will you let me, Nick?"

"Yes," Nick breathed out. The magic word between them that had originally started it all. At once their faces came closer to each other and then they connected their lips together.

Kissing Lucifer was like everything Nick had ever imagined. Everything and so much more.