~Chapter II. Revenge of the Nephalem

Screams tore up around him as the Nephalem stared at the spectacle happening before him. The Shedim had managed to get their claws on Donna - the cop who had once arrested and shot Nick when he was still human, something he had never quite forgiven her for.

Justice was served when the Shedim hung Donna up by her nerve system and blood vessels - still connected to her body - as they made her dance like they were the puppet master. A group of demons and monsters alike was watching on, enjoying the show. The woman wailed and Nick's wings twisted. He stood indifferent about her pain, but he did hope they would keep her recognizable enough so he could send parts of her back to the Winchester's. He had stationed himself in Delaware, where he had lived in his mortal life, and the once peaceful area became the stuff from nightmares. Monsters roamed freely, no longer hiding in the shadows. Nick walked past a demon who was trying to sell a xylophone made from fresh human ribs to a couple of doubtful looking vampires.

Nick let them chase their own shadows. He was playing with them. Perfectly aware of how furious they were about the death of their pet angel, the King of Hell merely leaned back and purposefully avoided them. The only thing he did was give them the occasional gift; a decapitated head from Bobby, a bag filled with Jody's body parts... and other nice things. Everyone they ever cared for, everyone they ever saved... Nick hunted them all down like the vermin they were.

Slowly, bit by bit, he took everything away from them. Everyone they loved until it was just the two of them left. The two of them in a world turned to ashes with fire raining from the skies. 

And then he would come for them.

Absently stroking the ears of the white Hellhound walking next to him, Nick tilted his head and listened to the reports of the demon accompanying him - who proudly informed him that the Men of Letters, all over the world, were in ruins. The kingdom of men was about to fall. Being done with it, he dismissed the demon with a wave of his hand and he watched the demon hurry away before looking at the red-eyed hound. "How about we go play a game and visit our old friends, hmm?" He murmured, scratching the dog's ear who curled up its lip and growled in reply.

~~

"So get this," Sam started to say, proceeding to tell his brother about yet another wave of worldwide demonic omens. Nick watched on from the shadows, invisible to the human eye and deciding to simply listen for a while. He noted that the two men looked like utter crap. They clearly haven't slept in weeks, Sam had a beard, and their faces were sullen and sunk in. A small pack of Hellhounds was stationed around the Bunker's room, their gazes fixated on the brothers, completely silent and unseen. Waiting for his very command.

The Nephalem flexed his wings, frowning slightly. There was one thing he had been wondering about as he was watching the Winchester's. Where was Jack? Lucifer's son? Nick knew that he wasn't in the Bunker for he couldn't sense his presence anywhere close-by.

"FUCKING HELL!!" Dean yelled, bringing Nick out of his train of thoughts as the hunter threw the lamp off the table and let it shatter on the floor. "Which fucker is behind all this?!"

Sam looked at the laptop in front of him, the pain was clear to see on his face and Nick noted how he balled his hands into fists. "I don't know," the younger brother said, "but we'll get them. We will."

Keep dreaming, Sammy.

"Sam, they got Cas! They carved up his body and left that note behind in his flesh. They got Bobby, and Jody, Donna... even Rowena! They got everyone. It's just us two now! And they know us but we don't know who they are." Dean yelled, close to tears.

Nick tilted his head slightly, watching his face closely. He wondered if he would see any tears fall, but Dean's eyes stayed dry. Dean turned around, showing Nick his back and the Nephalem glanced at his hounds, knowing they were getting restless. Guess playtime's over now. Turning himself visible for the mortal eye, Nick leaned back against the wall, wondering when he would be seen.