18. Consent is always important

Start from the beginning

"You haven't been here, yet?" Hades asked. "Maybe you're not as close to him as you thought."

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "Seriously? So, had you taken me to bed on the first day we met then it means you like me?"

"Yeah," Hades replied as if it was obvious.

"That's the stupidest shit I've heard. You don't have to sleep with a person to develop feelings." I replied sitting down on the bed, facing him.

"I agree." A voice spoke from the front door. Apollo and Artemis stood there, Artemis with her bow out and an arrow pointed right at me. Apollo continued. "So, what did I do this time?"

Artemis still had her arrow out but I didn't bother to acknowledge it.

"I got sent to Tartarus," I replied as I fell back on the bed, the soft sheets made me want to curl up in it and sleep forever.

Apollo frowned like he seemed to realise he couldn't date someone from Tartarus. In his defence, it is always hard to introduce your parents to your partner and it will definitely be harder if your partner is an ex-con.

"Didn't you make her your warrior? Why did she have her judgment?" Apollo asked Hades as Artemis eyed them warily still trying to figure which one of us she should shoot.

"Wrong place at the wrong time," I mumbled sleepily.

"I need you to get her out of here," Hades told the twins. "She can't be down here. This is the start of the prophecy."

I raised an eyebrow but no one explained since they couldn't see it. "What?" I asked as I pulled myself off the bed.

Apollo ignored me and looked at Hades. "You sure?"

"Hey!" I snapped at the two. "I've run away from home once and I will do it again if you don't tell me what in Zeus' underpants is going on here!"

Artemis removed her arrow and placed it into her quiver. Slinging her bow over her shoulder she hugged me. "Ah. It's been so long since I've had a sister who would snap at these two idiots."

"Why Zeus' underpants? Just asking." Apollo muttered.

"She's going to die, if you don't help," Hades told Artemis.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "They'll explain everything once you're out of here and safe." He quickly added.

Artemis slowly nodded. "Get her ready and meet us downstairs."

Hades nodded as he held my elbow again.

"No. Hold on I don't think I'm ready to travel ag-" I blinked and realised we had already travelled. I leaned against Hades again before pushing myself off him and leaning against the wall of the corridor.

I looked him in the eye as I raised a finger threateningly, "Consent..." I paused trying to look straight. "...is always important."

"I'm sorry," Hades replied sarcastically. "I was too busy trying to save your damn life."

I dropped to the ground and looked up at him. "Where to next, death boy?" I asked.

Hades frowned at the name. "To my family."

"And who are we running from?" I asked as I stretched my legs across the corridor.

"My family," Hades replied and then explained. "I have a big family."

"I didn't ask," I said. "I know a thing or two about crazy families. Not as crazy as yours, but still a bit crazy."

"Yeah?" Hades asked as he sat down beside me. "Why was your family crazy?"

"Well, you remember the guy who got sent to Elysium, the one I killed?" I asked, wondering what he was doing at the moment.

"Kind of hard to forget," Hades replied. I licked my dry lips as I battled myself to open up. Problem was if Hades did tell someone else about my secret, I couldn't stab him to death. I took a breath as I regretted every word that came out of my mouth.

"He is my step-father."

Hope you liked it!Vote and comment :)

Hope you liked it!
Vote and comment :)