30. "I don't think this is the smartest idea."

I grabbed a bowl from the kitchen and filled it with water

I grabbed a bowl from the kitchen and filled it with water. Hades was in the living room with Apollo and the pup. The second I walked in, their conversation stopped. They were seated next to each other on the couch.

"Clearly hiding things from me isn't helping anyone. So...don't. Explain the situation to me." I said as I placed the bowl in front of the pup and sat down on a stool while facing them.

Apollo and Hades shared a glance. I raised an eyebrow when neither of them spoke. I began tapping on the table in front of me without noticing.

"It's not as simple as you think," Apollo replied.

"Here's what I know. My death was because of the bomb placed by my stepfather. I died and I reached the underworld. You," I jerked my head at Hades' direction. "Made me a warrior. And then you, apollo, popped up with your prophecy."

"Soon, my stepfather," my voice spilt like venom. "Came to court and he got sent to Elysium. And I got sent to Tartarus. Both of you decided I couldn't stay there anymore so I came to live with you. And for three whole months, you didn't say a word to me about this prophecy."

"Illiana -" Apollo started but I cut him short.

"Let me finish."

I didn't know where all this anger suddenly emerged from but I wasn't going to keep it all bottled up.

"Three months, Apollo. Three months you could have told me that there was a prophecy about me. And you, Hades. You have seen first hand what I would do to save lives. You have seen how I died. Are you telling me that the idea that I might want to know about the death of tens of thousands because of me didn't cross your mind?" I got up and walked around. "Honestly, what were you guys thinking?"

"Prophecies state what's going to happen in the future," Hades spoke slowly. "There's nothing you can do to change it.

There was hurt in his voice. Not very clear but his voice almost cracked. I glanced at Apollo. He didn't meet my gaze instead focused on the dog.

"I want to see it," I said slowly. "Show it to me."

Apollo looked up at me. He paused before nodding. "I think you deserve that much."

Hades stood up. "I don't think this is the smartest idea."

I glared at him.

He sighed. "Whatever you want. I'll go make some coffee."

He walked to the kitchen. Apollo tapped on the couch asking me to sit down beside him.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Hades is right. It's seldom a good idea to see the future." Apollo asked.

"I need to see," I replied. I was uncertain of what I was going to do with the knowledge but at that moment, I was clueless about my life and needed something to help me figure it out.

"Alright," Apollo muttered.

He placed his left hand on my forehead.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say as a loud noise rang through my ears and I blacked out.

✘✘✘

Vote and comment▪️