Chapter Twelve - Suiting Up

Start from the beginning

It was a catsuit. 

It was black, leather, tight, and embossed with purple gems around the cuffs and collars. There were blocks of matching purple on my chest, and on my legs. There was a holster for a gun, and a belt with numerous weapons inside. On top of the mannequin was a sparkling purple headband. I'm going look like a tart. I can't wear this! What happened to jeans and t-shirts? And why don't I at least have a cape?!

I lashed around to Fury. 

"I'm not wearing it," I stated simply. He sighed. 

"Yes. You are." 

"I am not! I didn't even have any design input! Why didn't I have any design input?!" I yelled. Steve and Tony entered the room, following my loud voice. Steve was dressed in his patriotic outfit. Tony was in his metal suit, minus the helmet. 

"Because when we had the design meetings, you were too busy eating doughnuts with Stark!" Fury yelled back at me. 

"So? You could have waited for me! Who designed it?" I shouted. Steve and Tony had walked over to the mannequin and began inspecting it.

"Agent Romanoff," Fury said, standing tall and trying to intimidate me as usual. 

"I think it will suit you, Ava," Steve commented, craning his neck to see the back of the mannequin. 

"I think it will suit your butt, Ava," Tony added, seriously. I flicked my hand at the both of them and they were sent flying to the ground. I turned to Fury. 

"Why don't I have a cape?" I asked, like a petulant child. 

"Because you don't need one."

"Said who?" 

"Said me. Now stop behaving like a child and try the suit on." 

"I want a cape." 

"Put the suit on."

"I want a cape." 

"Suit up, Richards. That's an order."

"Not until I get a cape."

"Fine! I'll get you a damn cape!" Fury bellowed, he would be tearing his hair out by now...if  he had any. I grinned at him, then skipped towards the mannequin. I scowled at it, shoved Tony and Steve again just as they were standing up and then took the outfit off the silver model. I grabbed the headband in my free hand and then led myself to an empty room. 

I struggled to get the damn thing on, it was far too tight. And too leather-y. And just no. Why can't I just wear a blouse? I teleport everywhere anyway, if somebody shoots me I'll disappear before the impact. I grumbled to myself, and zipped the suit up. I gingerly took the sparkling headband and pushed my dark hair away from my face with it. I kept pulling at the leather that gripped my body, I was so uncomfortable. I didn't even know what I looked like, there was no mirrors. I know everything here is silver, but that's not exactly flattering. 

I reluctantly left the room, and headed back to Fury, Steve and Tony. My normal clothes were slung over my arms. I really didn't like this. I pushed open the metal door and Steve was the first one to see me. He didn't say anything, he just stood there, his mouth gaping open and his eyes darting over my body. I scowled. Tony just stood there and stared at my ass. Subtle, Tony. Subtle. 

"Stop staring at my ass, Stark," I snapped. His eyes met mine and he tried to keep the eye contact going, but it didn't work. 

"Richards. See, it suits you," Fury said, triumphantly. 

"Shut up and give me my cape."

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Fury had led e down dark, metal corridors that I didn't know even existed. He opened a simple metal door and led me through. I wasn't allowed to get changed, which was very unfair, I was stuck in this bloody catsuit.