Chapter One- The End

Start from the beginning

            “Ohhhhhhh~ William! I’m coming for you my darling!” Stephanie took off into the crowd and I ran after her, as if nothing had ever happened. As if… nothing… happened.

            *A few hours later*

            “You made it a bit hard to cover that up, Miss. Finch,” A voice resounded through the limousine.

            “Shut up, Darkley,” I mumbled, pulling my hair out of two pony tails and putting it into a braid.

            “Aw, come on, be nicer. I did give your little friend a ride when I wasn’t supposed to,” A secret service agent flashed me a grin in the rearview mirror. He was extremely tan, with a square jaw, and eyes that I’d never seen due to his opaque sunglasses.

            “Oh, bite yourself,” I grumbled, glaring at him.

            “And here I thought the Prez’s daughter would be on a killing high,” Darkley chuckled jokingly, but all I responded to him with was a cold glare. “Or, perhaps you do not like that title, Miss. Katidara Finch.” The cold glare intensified tenfold. “Then, perhaps the Black Eagle?” As we neared a stoplight, I unbuckled my seatbelt and casually held a knife to his throat.

            “Stop talking or I’ll kill you and walk home,” I said, coolly, level-headedly. As the light turned green, I leaned back and buckled my seat belt once again.

            “That’d be a long walk, Miss. Finch. I don’t think your brave parents would be too happy if-” Darkley began, but I interrupted.

            “My parents weren’t brave, they were idiots, and they died as idiots so often do: Doing what they believe is right, but without any thought whatsoever.”

            “You don’t really believe that, do you?” Darkley asked sadly. Zoning out, I flashed back to their death.

            We- my parents and I- sat in a simple, modern day coffee shop. The tables were sleek, cool metal, the chairs overly slick plastic with equally plastic red ‘cushions’. The floors were black and white checkers, the ceiling a mesmerizing, swirling pattern. The walls were a sterile white, and covered with strange, modern day pieces of artwork, with kaleidoscopes of color splattered upon them. We were all chatting happily, but, being the ignorant child I was, I didn’t know my parents real intentions as to their visit to the coffee shop. As the saying goes, "innocence is bliss, but ignorance is death." What I didn’t know was that my parents were, in reality, the Eagles to the President, like the dark shadows that worked in the underworld of the Americas.

        That day, it was suspected that a terrorist would attempt to kill the recently elected President. I was just taken along so no one would suspect them. To all other eyes, including my own, they were just a happy couple having a fun day with their daughter. Then again, looks can be very deceiving. A man came into the café and started shouting at a well-dressed man- the President. My parents stood and attempted to calm the man, and I was about to shout that they were idiots and to leave the scary man alone- I didn’t like the look in his crazed eyes. However, before I could say anything, the crazy man whipped out a gun and shot them both. It took me a moment to register the fact my parents were dead and the man was beginning to turn to shoot the President. I grabbed a nearby steak knife, and, before I knew what I was doing, I flung it with all my might. It twirled for a moment, and imbedded itself in the man’s head. Shortly after, the President adopted me and my parents were buried. Ever since that fateful day, I’d been his new Eagle.