The trouble with bugs

AAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Without glancing Greg muttered in an almost whisper “I said…” he paused, looking at his gang behind him “Be quiet!”

“B—b-but!” Sam muttered, his whole body shaking.

“What! Why?! What the hell!” Alex glanced back at whoever screamed. “What the hell happened, Sam?!”

Sam held up a silver pot, his hands shaking like a wet puppy. “B-b-b—bugs!” He finally managed to mutter.

“…Bugs! That’s all?!” Greg scowled at him as he shook his head in disbelief. Marty slapped his palm against Sam’s nape. He dropped the whole pot as the insects all crawled out of the pot. Sam glanced at him in annoyance.

“Why don’t we just give up?” Alex whispered to Greg, scratching his head at what he thinks was an absurd errand to do.

“Wow…” Greg looked at him, his eyes narrowing as he frowned. “Are you stupid?! Can’t you see that my nose is bleeding?!”

“I—I— I’m sorry, boss…” Alex whispered “It’s just that… isn’t this…”

‘Isn’t this what?” Greg looked at him, curious at what he was saying.

“Isn’t this…” he looked at the room around them, glancing at the massive crystal chandeliers that hung above them “Isn’t this haunted mansion?”

“Huh?” The others stopped at their tracks and stared at him.

“What’d you mean by ‘haunted mansion’?” Greg looked him, Annoyance visible on his face.

“The haunted mansion is…” Alex started. The gang laughed and sneered at him.

“You still believe in this kind of fairy tales, huh?” Sam said. Their laughter echoed all across the room.

“Shut up!” Alex shouted. “If you don’t believe me, fine… haven’t you heard about it before?”

“You…” Greg said with a snicker “believe this?!” His laughter roared all over the room as the whole group, save for Alex, laughed and sneered at him.

“FINE…” Alex said, his arms crossed and a frown forming on his face “I’m just saying…”

“That I’m a big baby” Marty said in a high-pitch, imitating Alex’s voice. Alex lounged at him, his hands balled into fists… ready to strike.

“Why, you little—” Alex shouted as Greg and Sam stopped him from pouncing on Alex and knocking him senseless.

 “Stop it!” Ed said looking down on the floor, head bowed down. His gaze fixated on the red, velvet carpet.

That seemed to have gotten into them.