Part 13

Whatever night gives the morning is obligated to take away. That was the first thing I thought of when I woke up the next morning. Doing wrong things is always fun until it comes to consequences and it was such a pity that I hadn't thought of it before.

Tender cold daylight was penetrating through the thin lace curtains that were fluttering on the light wind. My room felt cold and the early morning felt too lonely. Even though I wasn't alone.

As I opened my eyes slowly trying to adjust to the brightness I immediately felt someone else's body pressed to mine. The unfamiliar feeling of warmness and safety overwhelmed me with the first thought of it. The body next to me wasn't just someone else's. It was Alex's...

I was laying on my right side while his arm was circling my waist under a puffy blanket. The nose of Alex was brushing the crook of my neck and tingling the skin of it with his steady breath.

Alex's hand was laying very close to mine and If I wanted I could touch it thanks to the tiniest movement. It was so strange to realise that. How could we even end up like that after the small talk at the bar the day I'd met him? Seemed like an unrealistic book plot and I refused to believe it.

But no matter what plot it is there is always a problem in it. And the thing was that the morning we shared supposed to be the only one. However, the idea of ruining the new feeling of being so close to Alex felt like a nightmare. I even closed my eyes again in order to check if it wasn't a dream but when I opened them again, all of it still had to be a one-time thing. Or at least, that was the deal.

'You know, I can almost physically feel how you are intensely thinking about something and I don't like it' I heard a sleepy soft voice somewhere near my ear all of a sudden. It gifted me with little goosebumps on the skin of my neck where the lips of Alex's were.

'Didn't think you were awake' I answered in a well-made neutral tone being afraid that I didn't know how to act. His arm grabbed me the closest way possible to him and I had to gather all my courage not to smile at this possessive gesture.

'I am not actually but I feel you stiffening' Alex was mumbling slowly and I imagined him talking with his eyes still closed.

'Kind of...' I answered tentatively biting my lip. I couldn't wait anymore, I wanted to see his face. The desire was stronger than my fear so I turned around in Alex's arms facing him. The closeness we shared was making me go crazy every second more and more. And that didn't help the situation.

'Oh, no. That was comfortable actually' Alex said in a fake annoying tone and I let myself a look at his handsome features. As I imagined, he didn't open his eyes so I could study the face of his in the light of the day without a big shame.

Thank God Alex's eyes couldn't see mine travelling from the lines of the cheekbones of his and down to the jawline. From a little frowned eyebrows to the nose and stopping near his lips. Simply, just like the strokes on the canvas. Unfortunately, I was bad at drawing.

I didn't let myself a smile because the same thoughts were spinning in my head. I couldn't get rid of the understanding that it was just a temporary thing. That's why I was so scared to see his eyes.

'What's wrong?' it was like he felt it. When Alex slowly opened his eyelids the voice of his was soft and quiet. The glance of the dark sparkling eyes was gentle like it had never been before.

'I think you know what' I answered in a whisper hiding my eyes from his because I knew that I would lose myself in them. I placed my somehow cold hands on his chest in an instinct move.

'You know that we can make it not a one-time thing, don't you?' Alex said in a smooth voice forcing me to look at him with the fingers of his on my chin. I've noticed something important in the depth of his pupils but couldn't understand what exactly.