7.

***please note: the pronoun they/their is used as a gender-neutral pronoun in some instances***

As Tully walks through the endless hallway, the figures do nothing but stare. No movement, no threat of violence. Just staring.

Instead of putting her at ease, this makes her more anxious as she's not sure what might happen next. Who or what are they? Why are they just standing there, looking at her? Why are they here? Why is she here? Her confusion outweighs her fear as more questions arise. Only a few moments ago she was in the middle of the street, embroiled in a battle of the minds. Now she's here.

Nothing about today makes sense.

*tap*

Tully turns, noticing that one of them have stepped out of their place.

*tap*

One foot at a time, swaying as it walks, its shoulders slumped - it moves like a zombie.

*tap...tap...tap*

It faces her; a fragile stance, a hidden motive.

Raising a shaking arm, it moves towards Tully who steps backwards, fear gripping her chest, her eyes darting wildly to the rest of the hooded figures but none of them move, they just lean against the wall, observing.

The moving figure gets closer... and closer...

Suddenly, it lunges forward, closing the distance between them. Tully watches, stunned by the dizzying speed, as its arm shoots out, gripping her shoulder and thrusting her aside. She's still falling when-

*WHOOSH!*

She feels a powerful gust of wind blow against her. Caught by another one of the figures, she stares forward in shock and confusion; the figure that she thought had attacked her stands with one knee towards the ground, its hands raised towards Rodney, the air between them shimmering as they exert their invisible energy. The figure slowly raises its knee, pushing him back while he grunts with frustration. It stands tall now, taller than him. Rodney leans back, trying to push the figure away but it's too strong, Rodney using both hands while it only uses one now. In a sudden motion, it plants a fist in his stomach, his back arching and his feet leaving the ground. Just as quickly, it grabs the back of his robe, throwing him a good number of feet away.

With a gentle push, the figure that had caught Tully ushers her back to her feet. She recoils, terrified by it and the rest that line the passage. But something about them is strange... Their presence. She can somehow sense that they mean her no harm - and are incapable of doing so. Why is that? Something tells her that they're all bound here, unable to step forth from the walls. But one of them did. And the one that caught her joins it, the two now standing together and peering at Tully from beneath their hoods.

What is happening?

"Argh!"

Rodney splutters, getting to his feet, his frame swaying as he lays a hand on the side of his head. He moves towards Tully, his arm outstretched and his palm thrusting - as if trying to use his powers - but nothing happens. Tully thrusts her own palm forward, sending Rodney stumbling a few steps backwards. But she'd been hoping for a greater result. She thrusts again and Rodney, who's prepared this time, is more resistant. It's as if their powers have waned significantly in this place, Rodney, it would seem, the most affected by this.

"What did you do?" He asks Tully, pointing a finger at her. "What is this place?"

Tully remains quiet, still unable to look directly into his hideous face.