Crack!

The sick, sadistic sound traveled through the halls as Arlo's underlings looked at each other in confusion before falling onto their knees.

Crack!

Crack!

Two additional pops were heard, following the first one. Both clutched their hands in agony, John noticed how their fingers were all crooked and out of place.

What..just happened? Was that Y/N's ability? No, it can't be..she has a regeneration and resistance ability..this makes no sense...

John eventually noticed that this was the first time he saw Y/N's right eye glow. Whenever she had used her ability in the past, only her left eye would glow while her right eye stayed normal. This was the first time both of her eyes were activated, a truly rare sight to behold.

As soon as it started, it was over.

Once Y/N was satisfied with seeing them in pain, her eyes returned to their original state. It feels good to use that ability after a long time. Holding it back was a pain. The two on the floor had already taken their chance, scrambling away.

"You good John? They didn't hurt you too bad, did they? Sorry I was a bit late," She scratched her head.

"Y/N! I didn't think you were coming to school today after what happened at the cafe yesterday. You seemed really upset when you saw that woman."

John took note at the fact that she avoided eye contact when she helped him to his feet, "Forget that ever happened. It wasn't a big deal anyways..I got over it."

For someone who was that upset, you sure got over it quickly.. John raised an eyebrow in disbelief, but didn't question it in fear of making her even more upset. He was tempted to ask more about her eyes and ability, hut refrained from doing so, figuring now was a bad time. He furrowed his brows, "Since when did you wear a jacket? Usually you only wear your uniform shirt and your jacket over your shoulders."

"Oh..this? It was just..chilly this morning.." She trailed off, a dull look glazed over her eyes.

"It was eighty degrees," He deadpanned.

"Don't judge me! There was still wind too!" She defended.

"Okay.."

-

"Two dislocated ribs and a broken shoulder. You really outdid yourself this time John. You're lucky Y/N stepped in," Doc complained, handing the boy a tonic to heal his injuries.

"I didn't start anything this time," John exclaimed in his own defense. "Those two came out of nowhere and just attacked me! I didn't provoke them, I swear-"

"I don't want to hear it." He sighed. "You should know by now how to avoid these types of situations. Walking away disappointedly, Y/N came over and gave John a comforting pat on the back.

"Oh wait, I forgot to text Sera back," John realized, reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone.

"!?!"

A gigantic crack was present on the phone screen, making John explode in anger. He threw it to the floor, smashing it to pieces. Y/N clicked her teeth, remembering how those two in the hallway earlier had thrown John back into the wall, probably breaking his phone in the process.

I should've done more than break their fingers...

Abruptly standing from the resting bed, John gritted his teeth and prepared to give the two a piece of his mind. That was until Y/N placed her ear buds on the table and lightly grabbed his arm, not wanting him to further hurt himself. "John, you shouldn't-"