Chapter 3

When I woke up, I saw the beams of the rising sun and a big smile appeared on my face. My heart was in my mouth and it felt as if my whole body stood in flames. All my fears were gone. As much as I had been frightened at the beginning — now I was so excited. I would travel to King's Landing. I would represent my father, the Prince of Dorne and I would present the future leader of Dorne - myself. I jumped off my bed, relieved that all the packing was already done and walked straight to my closet. I chose a nice dress, not too warm and not too cold, and called the maid to make the typical Dorne hairstyle for me. After this I walked to the breakfast room.

On my way downstairs I couldn't stop thinking about the new experiences I was about to make. For the first time in my life I felt blessed for being the daughter of Doran Martell. I jumped over a small cat. The cat obviously enjoyed the shafts of sunlight that edged their way through a small crack in the stone wall. I knitted my brows. I needed to tell someone about it, so it would be fixed. Meanwhile the cat opened her eyes, glancing at me, what brought a smile on my face. As long as I can remember I always preferred cats. My father once told me that I wanted a dragon or a lion as a gift for my fourth birthday. Instead of these animals he gave me a little pony, named starlight. Besides my family I would probably miss him the most.

I put up the cat, started to walk again and took it into the breakfast room. We all knew what happens if you leave hungry cats. They have claws, long and sharp.

As soon as I stepped in, I saw my father, who had a small sight of sadness in his eyes.

"Good morning father" I walked over and put a little kiss on his cheek.

"Good morning, Elia. Did you sleep well?"

"I slept like a log." I took a seat, the fresh fried bacon rose up my nose. Delicious.

A servant came inside and brought me breakfast.

"Thank you." I said politely and gave him a little smile.

For a while we ate in silence until my father chimed in.

"Today you will leave for King's Landing and you will be gone for a while. I want you to know that no matter what happens, Dorne will always be your home. You are a member of House Martell and I am proud of you. But you must be careful. Even if the Lannisters and the Martells are living in peace and even if your brother is betrothed to Cersei Lannisters daughter, not everyone in King's Landing will be happy for our arrival."

"Like the Tyrells, because of uncle Oberyn?"

"Among other things, yes. Just stay close to your uncle, he will protect you. Do everything he tells you and don't explore the city alone. I know you might think you can defend yourself, but I will sleep better, when I know you're not risking your life."

"I promise father, I will do everything to keep me safe."

He smiled and nodded.

Savoring the food, I looked around the room, trying to memorize every little detail. I knew it was ridiculous. I had spent so many years at this place, how should I forget it?

Once I finished breakfast, I wanted to return to my room as Tyene suddenly appeared.

„You didn't believe you could disappear without a goodbye, did you?" she said, raising her eyebrows.

I bit my tongue. Honestly, this would have been my emergency „I hate  to say goodbye" Plan.

She grabbed my arm and together we took a walk, chattering about everything.

„Are you nervous?", she asked calmly after a while.

„Yes, I have never been so far away from home."