Chapter 8

I guess what Five told me through his mind was right. If we were only going to be here for so long, I might as well try to work things out, even though I don't want to. I was still pretty pissed at him for the whole incident that happened, but I promised my self I'd get over it.

I reached into my pocket to pull out my phone when a piece of paper fell out instead. It was the photograph from yesterday. With it being in my pocket, I could lose it. So, I just stuffed it in my bag.

"Vanya, I'm going out! Don't wait for me!" I called into the room as I left. I took a taxi back to the Academy. As I passed my the tall buildings, I started feeling neurotic. What if he hates me? What this is all a set up to get back at me for not trying to find him hard enough? What if...

My thought stopped swirling in my head as I realized I was at the Academy. I paid the driver and walked up to the steps leading to the door. My hands started to sweat and shake. When did I get so nervous about everything?

I pushed open the door to be greeted with silence. I walked up to to the large steps and towards the bedrooms. I figured Five would be in there. As I turned the corner towards his room, I saw him looking out the window.

I stood there, just staring at him. He must have sensed my presence because he turned around to look at me.

"Are you just going to stand there?" He asked.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked back ignoring his question.

"Yes I did, here, come sit," he said gesturing for me to sit on his bed. I followed him and sat down slowly, obviously uncomfortable. "I know last time we yelled at each other and things got out of hand, but, you know what I told you last night. I don't want to fight, I want to be friends." I nodded at his statement and smile for the first time in a while. He smiled back, and I felt happy and connected to him.

"Is there something else you wanted to tell me?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Yes, I need your help with something, something important," said Five, "but you promise me to trust what I say and my decisions."

"Of course Five, anything for my favorite brother," I smiled, finally feeling comfortable with him. I gave his shoulder a small punch to lighten to mood more, but in return, I got a hug. Five wrapped his arms around me pulled me closer to him. My cheeks blushed a little bit at the sudden interaction.

"Y/n, you have no idea how much I missed this, how I missed you. I-It was so lonely there, that horrible place. I felt so alone like I wasn't going to make it back and-"

I hugged Five even tighter as he started crying. "Five, it's ok, I'm here, don't worry," I whispered to him. His cry's turned into quite breathing in a matter of minutes. I pulled out of the hug a took Five's hand in mine. I squeezed his hand and looked into his eyes.

"Y/n, can I tell you something?" Five asked.

"Sure Five, what's up?" I answered.

"I-"

"Five are we going to leave or w-oh hey y/n! When did you get here?" Klaus interrupted. "What?" Klaus asked confused because Five was giving him a death glare.

——

"Like I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build are strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help," The man in front of us said.

"Well we cant get consent if you don't give us a name," Five grunted.

"Well, that's not my problem, sorry. Now there's really nothing more I can do, so-"

"And what about my consent?" Klaus asked, putting the emphasis on "my".

"Excuse me?"

"Who gave you permission to lay your hands on my son and daughter?" Klaus lied with a fake cry.

"What?" Five, the man, and I said at the same time.

"You heard me."

"I didn't touch your children," he said.

"Oh really?" Klaus asked standing up, "Well, then how did they get that swollen lip, then?"

"They don't have a swollen-" the man stopped talking when Klaus slap both me and Five in the face.

"Ow!" I yell while Five grunted. The man gasps and he stares at Klaus in shock. I put my hand on Five's shoulder to see if he was alright. From what I could tell, both of us were bleeding.

"I want it. Name please, now," Klaus requests.

"You're crazy"

"You got no idea," he laughs. "Peace on Earth, that's so sweet," Klaus says before taking the snow globe in his hand and smashing it into is head. I gasp and Five looks at Klaus on the ground in confusion. "God, that hurt!" Klaus yells while holding his head which is now bloody and wet. The man picks up the phone and tries to call security, but Klaus rips the phone out of his hand.

"There has been an assault in Mr. Big's office, and we need security, now. Schnell!" Klaus cries into the phone before hanging up. "Now here's what's gonna happen, Grant-"

"It's...Lance."

"-In about 60 seconds, two security guards are gonna bust through that door, and they're gonna see a whole lot a blood, and they're gonna wonder, 'What the hell happened?' And we're gonna tell them that you beat the shit out of us," Klaus says dramatically. I watched as Five smirked at both Klaus and I. I shook my head at the two for being so immature. "You're gonna do great in prison, Grant. Trust me, I've been there. Little piece of chicken like you. Oh, my God, you're gonna get passed around like a...you're just-you're gonna do great. That's all I'm saying."

"Jesus, you are a real sick bastard." 'Lance' said.

"Thank you," Klaus says before spiting in the ground. Five looked at me and grinned real wide. I rolled my eyes and grabbed both of their hands and took them out of the building.

"Well, this is not good," Five says as we walk out the doors.

"I was pretty good, though, right? 'Yeah what about my consent, bitch?'," Klaus chuckles.

"Yeah you were, except that you freaking slapped me in the face out of no where!" I yelled annoyed.

"It doesn't matter," Five said.

"What? What? What's the big deal about this eye anyway?" Klaus asked, completely ignoring my comment.

"There is someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the end of life on this Earth as we know it," Five explained to Klaus.

"Yeah, can I get that 20 bucks, like, now, or what?"

"You're 20 bucks?" Five asks.

"Yeah my 20 bucks-"

"The apocalypse is coming, and all you can think about is getting high?" asked Five with an annoyed tone.

"Well I'm also quite hungry."

"I could take you out to lunch, Klaus," I suggest, trying to be the nice one here.

"Oh, thank you, y/n. See, Five, at least she's nice-"

"No, y/n, you're coming with me. Klaus is useless," Five cut him off before grabbing my hand and spatial jumping into a moving taxi cab. "Don't stop. Just keep going," Five said to the driver.

As we passed by the lab, Five waved to Klaus with a huge smirk on his face. "Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, what about my money?" Klaus shouts at us as we drive by.

"Now, y/n, I want to show you something, someone. She kept me from being alone for over 30 years, and I want you to meet her," Five said to me as we got out of the cab.

I thought Five said that he was alone? Guess not...