Chapter 6

Without looking back, I ran up the stairs and into my room. I shut the door with a slam and locked it. All I knew was that someone followed me back inside and was about to bang on the door at any moment.

"Y/n! Y/n, open the door!" A muffled voice said. I couldn't make out who it was because our doors were pretty sound proof. "Y/n! It's me, just let me in," the voice said again.

"No, I'm not opening the door!" I yelled back, now shaking. I was in so much shock that I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

"Oh for Gods sake, y/n, I'm not going to hurt you," they said again angrily. I continued to cry silently, holding my knees to my chest. Five, who was been gone for 16 years, just magically reapers. It's unbelievable and it cannot be true.

Maybe if I concentrate, I could make out what this persons thinking...

*Why won't she open this door? I just need to find someway in-oh wait. I forgot about my powers*

Oh, now I know who it is. I jumped up and ran into my closet, hiding. I was so afraid that I was dreaming, and that I was alone.

I pulled out the photo from my back pocket to see it crumpled up. I couldn't see it that well because it was dark but I could see our faces. The photo reminds me that I shouldn't be afraid of Five. Heck, I went to him when I was afraid. He's my safe place, my anchor, and I can't be scared of him, I just can't.

"Y/n? Where did you go?" Five asked, now in my room. I tried to quite my breathing. It felt like I was hiding from a serial killer, but I was just hiding from my best friend and brother. "Y/n, I know you're in the closet. Please come out, I need to talk to you," he pleaded.

I glanced at the photo in my hand one last time before stuffing it back into my pocket. I put my hand on the closet door and pushed it open slowly while looking at my feet. It was all the way open when I stepped out. I didn't dare look at Five, I couldn't.

"Y/n, it's really you? After all these years I-I never thought I'd see you again," Five said taking a step towards me. "Y/n, look at me," Five whispered. I just ignored him and tried to just be invisible for once.
"Y/n, look at me, please," Five pleaded. I gave in and looked up into his green eyes. I saw a mixture of pain and relief in his eyes. "Y-You're still 13, but how?" He asked.

"I could ask the same," I said back.

"Y-Y/n, I...I missed you, so much," Five admitted quietly before giving me a hug. I almost hugged back, but then I remembered what he said to me the last time I saw him...

"Y/n, you have no idea what I'm capable of! You have to let me do this!"

I remembered how mean, how selfish he was the minuet before he left. He didn't even think about what would happen. He just left just because he wanted to be better, better than himself.

I pulled away immediately and started at him with hate

"Y/n-"

"How could you?" I cried, "you left me alone and I never forgave myself for not being able to stop you!"

"Y/n! I-"

"No, Five! You don't know how heartbroken I was after you left! I stayed up every night for a month waiting to see if you'd come back! I cried every time I was alone and never said a word to anyone. Everyone thought I was depressed, which I think I was. You don't even know how hard it was to be away from the one person who made me feel like someone actually cared for me!" I ranted while sobbing.

"You know what, Y/n? I was in the apocalypse for 45 years! I was alone, I had no food, and I moved places every day. Eventually, someone found me and took me in to start working for them. I was an assassin, so I had to kill people on order. You think I enjoyed it? No, I didn't. But I knew if I kept working for them, I'd be able to come back to you. And I did, and you yell at me?" Five yelled back, sobbing also.

"Five, you have no idea, don't you? You know what, I'm going to go," I said before running out of my room and out of the building. I knew Five wasn't following me because he would have caught me the minute I left my room.

I just kept running and running, not looking back. I ran to the only other place I felt safe beside my own home, Griddy's.