🔪 Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

"Should we call an Uber or are you okay with walking?" asked Eddie.

"I don't mind walking. Besides the hospital is not that far," I replied. He nodded and we're on our way to the hospital.

__

We decided to buy some food before visiting Heather. There's a 7/11 store nearby so we head inside and look for some food.

 I saw a guy wearing a hoodie and my breathing hitched.

"Aurora, you okay?" Eddie asked, putting his hand on my shoulder and I flinched by his touch. "What's wrong?"

He looks at my direction and the guy wearing a hoodie is just someone else when he walks past by the two of us.

"Can we just pay right now please?" I begged as I calm myself down.

"Okay, we have everything we need so let's go." He said, with some snacks on his hands and we walk towards the counter.

After paying up, we head out of the store and proceed to the hospital.

We entered the hospital and look for the nearest elevator. We pressed the up button and the doors open. We head inside and I press the button all the way up to the third floor.

Eddie wrapped his hand on mine and he playfully squeezes it. The elevator stops and the doors open and we head out.

We walk to Heather's assigned room hand in hand and the hallways are awfully quiet despite the muffled sounds in each room and the tapping sounds of our footsteps.

"There's Heather's room," I said before knocking on the door and open it. We entered and I saw Heather looking at the TV with a bored face.

"Hey, Heather." I called out and she turns her head to look at us.

"Hey, guys. It's been awhile." She said.

"We bought some snacks. You hungry?" Eddie said as I grab two chairs.

"Ugh, please... I'm tired of hospital food." She said. I pulled out her favorite snacks and handed it to her.

"Aww, you guys got my favorite. This is why I love you guys. So, what's up?"

"Should we tell her?" asked Eddie.

"About what?" I whispered. If this is about him, I rather not.

"About us." He whispered back. I let out a sigh of relief and nodded.

"Come on, just tell me," Heather whined. Eddie and I hold each other's hands. I hide my injured hand inside the pocket of my jacket.

"We're officially together," I said and Heather's eyes widen. Eddie places a kiss on my cheek and I let out a giggle.

"Shut up... Congrats! I knew you two will end up together." Heather said excitedly. "Oh wait... I just realized that I'm gonna be a third wheel."

We laughed and continue our conversation until we lost track of time.

__