Chapter 8: Blackness Surrounds

She was now back at the cave. It's lilac flames dance on the cave walls making the cave seem welcoming even with high tensions that enveloped the room. Lyllan looked at Senkina fury in her eyes but nothing in her face.
"Senkina, why did you slap him?" Lyllan angrily yelled at Senkina.
"He was insulting you. I couldn't stand him insulting you." Senkina calmly explained.
Lyllan's fury had gone away and confusion replaced it. "How did you know he was insulting me? Do you understand the language?" Lyllan questioned.
"I guess I can." Senkina shrugged off.
Lyllan then talked in her native tongue. Senkina didn't listen to the words that came out of her mouth but the words that surrounded her. "Prove it." is what surrounded her.
"How can I prove it? I can't speak it." Senkina stated matter-of-factly.
Lyllan could not hide her shock. Leon Oskaur tried to hide it but his hair changed to a light purple. Jickallyn looked like she had seen a ghost with how pale she was.
"Well I guess we know you're power. You can interpret languages." Lyllan spoke, hesitantly, like she thinking something else was going on.
"Ya I guess that's my power." Senkina said because she didn't know what else to say.
"We are all exhausted. I think we should sleep before we figure out what to do next." Lyllan proclaimed.
Leon Oskaur laid in his daisy yellow bed and Senkina laid in bed next to him. Jickallyn decided to lay in another daisy yellow bed and Lyllan went up the stairs. Leon Oskaur turned to Senkina and said, "I'm glad you found your power."
Senkina responded, "Thanks. Good night."
She started to lay down when she heard Leon Oskaur whisper, "Good night, Nini"
Senkina was too tired to catch the last part. She laid down on the pillow and immediately fell asleep, her eyes to heavy to stay awake.
———————————————————————————
She was back home. Her room seemed less like a bedroom and felt more like it was a prison. She stood up to see if the other Senkina was here. Sure enough the other Senkina was downstairs looking over her, their?, mother.
Senkina reached out the touch the other Senkina. The other Senkina didn't flinch. The other Senkina just turned to look at Senkina. She stared at her like she was making sure it was real. Tears weld in the other Senkina's eyes. She reached to hug her. The two Senkinas held each other. One cried silent tears, the other held to the person that she felt she had a big connection to. Senkina pulled apart the hug to ask the other Senkina who she was. A tug on her shoulder told her that it was time to leave. She struggled against the current but it had won.
———————————————————————————
Darkness surrounded her when she opened her eyes. She heard rustling near Leon Oskaur. She tried to listen harder to see if it was friend or foe.
The footsteps were silent and careful. This didn't stop Leon Oskaur from waking up.
"Who's there?" He said in a hushed and sleepy manner his accent almost gone.
"It's just me." The quiet footsteps replied, the voice being Lyllan's.
"What are you doing?" Leon Oskaur asked, obviously more awake but still hushed.
"I was going to put the Martna on Senkina. Her power is one we have no clue on and have no counter on." Lyllan replied at she moved towards Senkina. Senkina laid perfectly still, trying not to give any indication that she was awake.
"You can't do that. Senkina's power is mild it doesn't need a counter. It's just translating." Leon Oskaur reasoned.
"But she is the last one she is supposed to be the most powerful. She must have another power hidden." Lyllan countered.
Leon Oskaur didn't seem to be having it. He stood up from is bed and walk over to Senkina, hovering over like a mother hen over her chicks.
"Leon Oskaur stop being so unreasonable. Senkina will be fine just like you were." Lyllan nonchalantly reconciled.
"What if I wasn't fine? Did you think of that Lyllan? It was torture and I refuse to have her go through that." Leon Oskaur practically growled.
"Why are you so protective of Senkina? You barely know her. You have known me for years." Lyllan tried to justify herself.
"It's the same reason I'm protective of you." Leon Oskaur barked his answer.
"Leon Oskaur stop it. I'm going to have to use it on her eventually." Lyllan threatened.
Leon Oskaur, in reaction, grabbed Senkina's hand. His hair lit the room with a dark light. It filled the room but also absorbed the light. His hair was like a black hole. His eyes looked straight at Lyllan. She looked at him in amazement.
Lyllan changed her hair to red. She cautiously stepped towards Leon Oskaur. She tried to touch his shoulder, she immediately hit the wall. Senkina stood up to look Leon Oskaur in the eyes. He looked into his eyes. He looked into her eyes.
Senkina with no idea what she should do, got an idea. She wrapped her arms around him in a tight sibling hug. He hugged back. She could feel tears drip on her neck. Leon Oskaur pulled away from the hug, his eyes red from tears.
His hair changed to a forest green with orange highlights, when he looked over to Lyllan.
Lyllan laid face down on the ground, she was barely moving. They rushed over to her. Senkina saw that she had a gash over her left ear. She tried to stop the bleeding to make sure she didn't bleed out. Senkina suspected that Lyllan had a concussion.
Senkina turned to tell Leon Oskaur to go get someone. Leon Oskaur turned to the entrance of the cave when he stopped.
Senkina turned to see the cave drenched in a dark red. The red spread across the cave walls and floor. As it inched towards them it overtook Jickallyn who was laying peacefully in her bed. She looked like a red stone version of herself. Senkina tried to scoot back to avoid it, while Leon Oskaur moved forward. He stepped in the red infection and slowly turned to stone. He was able to turn and give a reassuring smile. This ensured to Senkina that they were going to be fine. She carried Lyllan and stepped into the red infection.
As the red infection spread up her legs, she turned to Leon Oskaur. His reassuring smile was now etched in stone. She felt at peace for the infection to take her over. It crawled up her arms and to her neck. She inhaled her last breath as the infection took over her face.