Chapter 9: Christmas Market

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I just wish Chris and Daniel were excited about going...Okay team, I...give me a time out to clean up the backseat. I'll honk when I'm done." Chris said as he walks out of the building. "Ooo...uh...Can I use the bathroom?" Daniel asked. "Of course! You'll see my comic books." Chris said then he sits down and looks at Sean and I. "I'm glad you two are coming too...Hey, you guys wanna see my toys?" He asked as Daniel heads to the bathroom, Sean and I sit in front of Chris's toys.

"Oh! Score! The new Hawt Dawg Man!" Daniel shouts from the bathroom and I chuckle as I look down at Chris's toys. "Since you two are new members of the team, you have to know everybody...These are Captain Spirit's friends! And his enemies..." Chris said as he shows his toys. "Dude! That's pretty cool..." Sean said as I smile. 

"Can you guys guess who are the good guys and the villains?" Chris asked us. "Let's see..." Sean and I muttered as we look through the toys and sort them out. "Okay. How did we do?" I asked. "You guys are good! Both of uou guessed all right! You two deserve a little reward...It's two interstellar travelers. I gave one of them to Daniel." Chris said as he hands us two little figures to us. "Wow! Thanks, Chris..." I said. "Yeah, thanks. That's awesome!" Sean said to him.

"After all, you guys are part of the team now." Chris said. "Okay. Let me introduce them to you! This is Team Spirit! The good guys. There's the Forest Warrior, Power Bear, Mar-T Rex, and Sky Pirate." Chris said as he gestures towards the toys on his right but mine and Sean's left. 

"So...who are the bad guys?" Sean asked him. "That's Noctarious and the Shark-Stinger. There's also Snowmancer, but he's out in the garden. Captain Spirit kinda...took care of him. He might need a little surgery now...But they're all working for Mantroid, who's the REAL super villain! You should see his evil planet!" Chris explains.

"Why doesn't Captain Spirit stop him?" I asked him, curiously. "He tried...but failed. That's why he needs Superwolf, you know, Daniel, to prevent Mantroid from hurting other people!" Chris said. "Yeah...strength in numbers. Sounds like Mantroid is in trouble." Sean said. "Just wait until he sees what Captain Spirit can do now..." Chris said, proudly l.

"Yeah...about that...Umm...Does your dad know about any of this? Did he...see something...yesterday?" Sean asked. "No. He didn't see anything and...The power didn't work yesterday...after I fell...I...must have been too tired..." Chris replied. "Okay. Good...Uh, I mean...He could be pretty disturbed if he knew..." I said. "I'm definitely not telling Dad. I don't want to freak him out. He's worried about other stuff anyway..." he said.

"Chris...It's...none of our business, but...are you and your dad okay?" Sean asked, with concern. "Uh, what do you mean?" Chris asked. "I don't know...Claire seems to...be worried about you guys." Sean replied. "Claire's always worried." Chris said.
"Yesterday...Stephen and her talked about your dad...I think they had a talk with him..." I said and Chris looks down for a moment then back to us and said. "Dad...just gets carried away sometimes when he drinks too much...But...But we're cool. No worries."

I reach out to him and place my hand on his shoulder. "Chris...I know life can get pretty tough. Trust me. But...you'll be okay. You're an awesome kid." I said and he smiles just as Charles honks. "There's the signal. Come on, Daniel." Sean calls out as we stand up and Daniel walks out of the bathroom. "Hey! Pro tip: don't...go in there." Daniel warns and Chris begins to laugh. "Okay, Squad, let's roll!" Sean said and we walk outside.

Chris and Daniel go and climb in the back of Charles's truck. "You need my jacket? I don't want you catching another cold..." Sean said to Daniel. "No, I'm good. Thanks..." Daniel said. "And don't be waving your arms around when I'm driving, okay?" Charles said and the boys nodded. "Yeah. Remember, Daniel, don't mess around..." Sean warns. "All right. Jeez..." Daniel said.