A Test of Faith

Author's Note: So it appears this is how long my chapters will be from now on...God I hate school. Anyways this is partially cruel...I guess.

Lots of love,

lies4theliars

"I don't have time for this, Mycroft. If you weren't made aware at the masquerade, I do not feel like discussing the events of tonight with anyone! Especially..." Sherlock trailed off as he looked to the left of him, realizing that it wasn't Mycroft he was talking to. It was Tessa.

"Tessa...what are you doing here? This is Mycroft's limo." Sherlock said.

Tessa didn't respond right away, almost as if she didn't hear Sherlock. In stead she just looked straight at Sherlock, hatred burning within her eyes. She looked away to the right slightly, eyes narrowing slightly, before she began to speak.

"Is this not what you were expecting, Sherly?" She said, almost mechanically.

"Jim. Nice to hear from you again so soon." Sherlock said, knowing immediately what was going on.

Tessa waited a moment before responding. "Charming, Sherlock. Now I need to inform you of somethings don't I? I assume you're wondering why I have kidnapped your little Tessa? Especially after I killed...Jamie." Tessa said between gritted teeth.

"I am wondering as to why you have decided this." Sherlock said.

"In all truth I was bored, Sherlock. Our old game was just growing so tiresome and repetitive. So I decided to change things up. It's like when couples try something new to spice up their sex life." Tessa said, looking anywhere but at Sherlock during that last line.

"I don't particularly consider us a couple, and last I checked a crime and a sex life are two extremely different things." Sherlock stated.

"Depends on what you like." Tessa said, making disgusted faces.

"This is Mycroft's limo." Sherlock stated, trying to change the subject.

"I'm aware. Your brother needs to learn to put his things away. Otherwise people like me will just take them."

"What is it you want from this?" Sherlock asked.

"You'll see when we get there. Oh and don't try to talk to Tessa. She doesn't have the free will to speak."

Sherlock spent the rest of the ride in silence, waiting until they were allowed to leave the car. Tessa seemed calm, keeping her facial expressions very calm and not moving too much. Sherlock noticed that she had a small metal wrist band on her arm. A bomb. That's why she wasn't daring to do anything. Jim could kill her. Just like he killed Jamie. When the car came to a halt, the door on Sherlock's side of the car opened, and a very tall, well built man pulled him and Tessa out of the car and dragged them into what appeared to be a deserted warehouse. Once pushed through the door, the man left them and locked them in, leaving them in a completely pitch black room. Tessa let out a sigh.

"Sherlock, I have permission to talk now."

"Are you alright?" Sherlock asked.

"For a girl who was just kidnapped on the night her best friend was murdered, I'm doing pretty okay." Tessa said, sounding extremely bitter. "Now what do you think we're doing here?" Tessa asked.

"I'm not sure." Sherlock said, looking around.

Suddenly extremely lights flickered on, burning bright and burning both Sherlock and Tessa's eyes. Sherlock shielded his eyes from the light and waited for them to adjust before opening them once more. To say he was surprised when he saw a circus ring would be an understatement. Tessa looked towards him, eyes filled with questions that he himself was unable to answer.