"convenient customer number two"

As soon as Sehun saw Jin at the register, he bolted to the other side of the store.

On top of dealing with that idiot and staying up during ungodly hours at this idiotic place...

Sehun sneered at the keys that jingled in his hands. Earlier Luhan instructed him what each key unlocked and then thrusted them in his hands while Hyeri was lost in space. 

Sehun hung the loop of the keychain on his finger as he brought them to his face for him to examine. Front door entrance, cash register... Sehun slid each key to the side as he reviews its purpose until he spotted a key he that he did not recall Luhan explaining. And what's this?

In his grasp was a key with a sticker resembling a colorful cube. He shined it in the light, seeing if it would do anything. 

Oh, it's just an ordinary key. Sehun shrugged and shoved the keys in his pocket. 

He looked over to Hyeri, who he left to deal with Jin. He chuckled as he watched Hyeri sweep the ground around Jin.

His phone pinged in his pocket, prompting Sehun to check who it could be. 

Chanyeol: wouldn't believe who I ran into LOL

Sehun rolled his eyes, "Like I care." He returned his gaze at Hyeri. This time she smacked Jin in the back, making Jin grimace in pain. Sehun chuckled, It's cute how she's surprisingly strong. 

His phone pings again. Sehun sighed in annoyance and checked his phone once again.

Chanyeol: here's a hint, someone you wussed out in confessing to

Sehun: lol what are u talking about?

Chanyeol: naw dude u know who im talking about ;D

Sehun scoffed at Chanyeol's text, "How lame of him to use an emoticon from middle school." Despite Sehun's annoyance at Chanyeol's behavior, he couldn't deny a heart sinking feeling in his chest. 

Chanyeol was right, Sehun knew exactly who he was talking about.

After years of suppressing old unrequited feelings, Sehun hopes to God or to any higher being above that he won't have to encounter that regretful feeling again. 

Sehun: stop texting me dumbass i'm at work

Sehun shoved his phone in his pocket to join Luhan's jangly keys as he let out a heavy breath. He brought his hands through his hair in frustration, willing himself to keep those old feelings buried away from his mind. 

He decided that he might as well start fixing up the aisles to help him in that process.

"Hi, excuse me. Do you know where I can find any fresh fruits?" a customer asks from behind him.

Sehun turns around as his serious expression failed to accustom itself for polite customer interaction. That is until his eyes locked with the eyes of the girl that stood before him.

Her luscious black hair fell to her shoulders as her soft pink lips curled into a small smile. 

Suddenly, the memory of the girl of his dreams could not beat the feeling of meeting her again after so long. Her classic rosy cheeks and her characteristic moles that dotted the features of her face greeted Sehun with a surge of nostalgia. Her smile. Her entire being. She hasn't changed at all.

"Mi-" Sehun felt a lump in his throat, his heart beating faster, butterflies fluttering in his stomach, and his palms getting clammier by the second. Fuck, so much for my feelings being suppressed... 

The girl blinked, "Sehun?" She let out a genuine laugh, "Wow, I sure did not expect to see you here of all places. Especially in the service industry-"

Sehun cleared his throat, "Mina, you know me. I don't do things like this unless I'm forced to."

The girl of his dreams raised her eyebrows, "Some things never change, huh? I hoped you would have a least grown up a little!" She held her thumb and forefinger close to each other to emphasize her point.

Sehun felt his palms sweat and his cheeks fill with warmth in response. He avoided her gaze, struggling to keep his cold and cool demeanor.

"I remember that you were always so obsessed with gaming..! You had no clue about the number of girls who crushed hard on you during high school." Mina laughed at the memory.

"Well, there was a girl I did like, but she was busy doing her own thing," Sehun retorted back as he gingerly looked at her.

He knew he always fell for girls out of his league. His type of women that he preferred was classy and sultry women like Miranda Kerr! However, this real manifestation of the girl of his dreams was different. 

Mina was the first and only girl who caught his eye. His schoolboy crush grew into an unrequited love as the two became acquainted in high school along with his hyungs. Although Sehun always noticed her, she never noticed him.

While he was busy refining his gaming skill and moving up the ranks within his game, Mina was class president, captain of the girl's tennis team, first chair flute player in the orchestra, and passionate about ballet. Her being the epitome of beauty, brains, and athletism drove all of the guys at his high school crazy, including Sehun. 

Eventually, Mina's grit earned her a spot in a prestige ballerina school somewhere in Europe. She was never seen nor heard of again. That is, until this very moment right before Sehun's eyes.

Mina smiled back, "Well it's refreshing to see an old face! Wonder where I could get some fresh fruit?"

Sehun was grounded back into reality as she asked that question, "Oh, well it's not really fre-"

"Hello, Miss! We have some cupped fruits and packaged salads nearby the wall of beverages!" Hyeri suddenly appeared and pointed in that direction.

"Oh, thank you! I'm actually in a rush. It was nice seeing you again, Sehun!" Mina grinned and then weaved in between Sehun and Hyeri towards her destination.

"I can't believe you left me to deal with Jin!" Hyeri shoved Sehun, but his frozen state didn't budge his stance.

Hyeri watched as his face moved from a soft expression to a look of annoyance as he looked down at her. "Well, I already have the responsibility of closing up shop from stupid Luhan." Sehun scoffed, "Use your 'strong' arms of yours to ring up some of the customers, will you?"

"Sometimes I really can't believe how rude you can be." Hyeri sneered and moved to the register to help Mina who hurriedly made her way there.

Sehun watched the interaction between the two. The classy girl gracefully handing over her unwrinkled bills as the tomboy-ish girl handed over her bagged items cheerfully.

Mina is on a whole other level from Hyeri. Sehun told himself as Hyeri bowed and Mina turned to wave with poise at him before she walked out the door. 

Sehun waved back and watched his unrequited first love walk through the doors and hop into a shiny expensive car right outside. 

"Sehun?! Hello? Earth to lanky-dumbo!" Hyeri's words snapped Sehun out of his trance and turning his attention toward her.

As Hyeri was about to walk out from behind the register, she trips. Sehun rushes to her to catch her fall.

Sehun looks down at Hyeri in his arms. Her shell-shocked expression lingered in her face until she meets Sehun's dark brown eyes. 

His heart skips a beat, not because of the brief rush of adrenaline from his reflexes. It was in response to something he doesn't quite understand.  Hyeri... She's something different.

//