Chapter 9: So It Begins

I was running down an alley way in my Spider-Man suit. Betty was chasing me and she finally got me in a corner. I climbed up the wall and she followed, somehow able to do the same as me. I wasn't looking while jumping from roof to roof and ended up falling to the ground. Pain shot through my entire body and started paralyzing me. Betty jumped on top and stabbed me.

"I'll kill you Spider-Man! You stole my Peter, now you can die! HE IS ETERNALLY MINE!" she stabbed me in many places, having me lose blood. She ended up slitting my throat.

***

I shot upright from my slumber. The cool winter air was let in by my window that I never opened. Tasting fear on my tongue, I was drenched in sweat. There was a paper plane right under my open window.

Peter Parker, the love of my life. You will be mine. No one can get in my way, not even that pesky Spider-Man. I saw he's still alive, so I'll just have to try harder to get to you. I'll do whatever it takes.

I'm creeped the fuck out. First the dream, and now this note from Betty? It's been a few weeks since the incident and we were back at school, but she's stayed away. I tinkered with my phone enough so it would be impossible for her to read my texts and hear my calls, so I text the only person that'll respond this late. My bedside clock read 3:02 am, Saturday morning, Wade would be up.

Only a few minutes later and he came in through my window. He saw how frightened I was sitting at the corner of my bed, rocking back and forth. Sitting beside me, he held me, trying to help the panic that's been washing over me since I woke up.

"C-can you stay w-with me tonight?" I stuttered out. He nodded his head and saw I was sweaty, so he rummaged through my drawers to find shorts and a shirt. He turned around as I changed into a sports bra and the clothes he found me.

"Will your dads be okay with this?" I burst into tears and he pulled me into bed to hold me. "Sh shh it's okay. Peter, everything will be okay." I handed him the note and he only pulled me in closer. I kept sobbing into his chest until sleep washed over me.

"Peter, why is Wade in your room?" I woke up to the sound of my dad's voice.

"Huh? What's going on?" I was trying to wake up, the bright sun blasting it's way through my room. Wade woke up as well, still holding me.

"You didn't ask if Wade could sleep over."

"Dad, I can explain, okay." I handed him the note Betty threw into my room last night and he looked at it, eyes wide. "Betty opened up the window and threw this in last night. I don't know how. I texted Wade so he could come comfort me. He helped me with my panic attack and we both must've fallen asleep. I swear to you, nothing happened last night except him holding and comforting me."

He enveloped me in a hug. "We'll figure things out with this psycho."

"Is it okay if Wade stays for the day? I'm still a bit shaken up and don't want to do anything really."

"Fine. Just, no funny business okay? I was your age once." he left my room and I cuddled up next to Wade again.

Narrator's POV

As Peter and Wade spent the morning together, something was going on somewhere else with a certain blonde. Betty was on the phone with someone who could, 'help' her with her insect problem.

Betty: So you're sure this can help me?

Stranger: Most definitely. Just meet me in the alley way behind your school, dear. Tomorrow night at midnight you'll get the serum and be just as strong as the Hulk.