Chapter 8: First Date

A/N: Not really a smut warning, but Peter and Wade do make out after their date later on, which gets slightly hot but not by much, Peter is gonna cut it short cause this chapter is too long. Sorrrrryyyyy. If it makes you uncomfortable, skip over it. I'll put *Slight Smut*

Tony's POV

It was the night after Christmas. Stephen and I started talking about Peter, considering recent events.

He was sitting on the bed reading, while I was in our bathroom brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed. "So, I think Peter's first Christmas here went well." I said.

"You really think so?" Stephen asked. He put his book down so he could listen to me.

"Yeah," I spit out my toothpaste and continued. "Nat seems to be helping him a lot. I just hope he adjusts to us soon."

"You really care about the kid, don't you?" I nodded my head and came out of the bathroom to change.

"I do, I really do. Stephen, he's been through so much. He reminds me of myself. I want him to have a family, considering he just lost everything. I want him to feel happy and safe."

I went to sit on the bed with him. "He seems like such a sweet kid honestly, I'm glad we adopted him. So, how's the binder in his suit coming along?"

"It's almost done. After everything, I've just worried about him. I plan to finish it tomorrow."

"May I speak my mind?" he never asks that, but I nod my head as he does so. "That Wade guy, I think he's good for Peter."

I stopped him there. "I don't like him much. He's a mercenary, he's not all that good from what I hear."

"Tony, give him a chance. Peter seems to like him a lot, so we might see more of him around here. At Christmas, I saw our son laughing and smiling with him. They even cuddled and held hands and he just let our boy fall asleep, not waking him up. He seems really kind to Peter. I know you don't like him much Tony, but always look between the lines and try to see how good some people can be." we got under the covers and he held me close to him. He has a point though, I should give Wade a chance. He was kind to Peter.

"Yeah, you're right. Hey I'm tired, turn your light off wizzy."

"Darling, never call me that again." Stephen smiled and let out a chuckle. He's so beautiful and vibrant. We pushed back the wedding because of the bad timing. But we would still be married soon nonetheless.

"Alright alright, Mr. Sparkles."

"Mr. Sparkles?"

"Because your magic shield sparkles, dumbass." he complied and turned off his light.

"I wanna keep this kid safe. He's our son." I said. Stephen gave me a kiss, and then we went to sleep.

Peter's POV

I grabbed my web shooters and met Wade on top of the building next to me.

"Thanks for everything yesterday. Christmas was amazing with you there." I had texted Wade to meet me there. Thing is, he was hidden in the dark. Something seems a bit fishy, and it's not the horrid salmon Steve made for dinner that night. "Wade?"