Chapter 8: Trapped

Start from the beginning

For a while, the room was silent, leaving Harry to his own thoughts. He didn't understand what a block was, but, according to Sev's reaction, it must be very dangerous. He tried to feel his core, a method taught by Lucius, but with no avail. The core's power was simply too weak for Harry to feel anything.

Suddenly, the door creaked open. It was Juliet Potter. She stepped into the room and quietly shut the door. She walked over to Harry's bed and looked at him.

- Why does professor Snape care about you? He hates the Potter, and you are a Potter. He should hate you. He hates me, because I'm a Potter...

She trailed her hand along Harry's hair, down to his cheek and jaw lines:

- Why does he like you? You're a nobody, I am your twin sister and I didn't even know your existence.

She leaned closer to him and whispered into his ears:

- Don't even think of getting all of his attention. It's mine. But don't worry brother, - she straightened up and walked towards the door, - I'll go easy on you. I'm the Chosen One, I'll be merciful.

She smiled maliciously and left the room.

~~~

- Have you found anything, Severus? - Lucius asked. They were stuck in the library for hours, and they still hadn't found anything, not even a single clue.

- No. - Snape sighed heavily, flipping through the pages. - There are too many spells that seem to be related, I'm getting dizzy.

He put the book on the table and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had a great responsibility. If he couldn't find the reverse spell on time, Harry would die.

Lucius quietly comforted him:

- Don't worry, the boy is strong, he won't give up. He has a new life with us, and I don't think he would want to lose it. Take a rest, you will need it.

Severus remained silent. Very silent. Lucius furrowed his brows and gently shook his shoulders:

- Sev, what's wrong? Are you alright?

Lucius had known Snape since school, so he was pretty taken aback when Snape shot out of his seat, crying out:

- Oh yes, that's it! How can I be such a fool? I can't believe I have forgotten about it.

- What are you talking about, Severus?

- Gringotts! - Snape took Lucius' hand and shook it. - The goblins at Gringotts can remove the block without doing any damage to Harry's body and magic.

Lucius' eyes widened:

- Oh, that's right! Now I remember there is that kind of service there. We're such idiots. But how do we sneak him out of here? He's still hasn't woken up yet.

Snape, who now had regained his composure, thought long and hard about the problem. He couldn't just barge Harry out of here, Potter would get in his way and make things more complicated. Or, he could apparated them straight to the bank, but it was still very dangerous for Harry. He could be hurt, for Merlin's sakes. Finally, he came up with a solution to the issue.

- We could bring the goblins here. They could perform the ritual anywhere, as long as they have the necessary equipment.

Lucius thought for a moment. This could work, the only problem was how to distract Potter and his gang, that also included Dumbledore. He spoke his mind and soon, he and Severus were lost in their thought.