CHAPTER 6

Over the next few weeks Dec managed to avoid being alone with Ant, not wanting to risk it, though Anthony did try. The look of confusion and hurt in the dark haired boy's eyes as he dodged him yet again cut at him, razor sharp. He wanted so much... but he couldn't let that happen. Not again. Even the drama class was less than a pleasure lately, and taking the role of director, while enjoyable, was not the same.

David plowed through his classroom's door like a freight train. "Hey Dec, what're you up to tonight?"

"The usual... Grading, sorting, planning..." Declan rolled his eyes, sounding jaded even to himself. "Lather, rinse, repeat."

"Wrong answer." A wide grin graced David's face.

"Bar?" Dec said wearily.

"EH!" David sounded like a very nasal New York buzzer.

Dec propped his chin on one hand, elbow on a pile of papers on his desk, a small weary smile on his face. "What did you have in mind then Walliams?"

David grinned in delight. "I was thinking dinner, my place."

Declan looked a little queasy. "Uh, thanks all the same but..."

"But what?"

"Well, it took me nearly a week to recuperate the last time I ate your cooking, so if it's all the same to you, I'd rather-"

"Har de fucking har." David glared at him. "And har. You're no Gordon Ramsey yourself Thank you. Fine, You order takeout and I'll bring the wine. What should I bring, red or white?"

"But..." Dec blinked, considering. "Well you know, There is this knew place I've been wanting to try out. And buyers choice on the wine." He started preparing a list of food he wanted in his head. "You know, you are a terrible seagull when it comes to food."

"Actually I'm very good at it," David said, waggling his eyebrows. "It's a date and I'll bring a little something for dessert, too."

"Wait David! This doesn't mean anything right?... it's uh... just a dinner between friends." Dec had to asked and was relieved when David didn't look hurt at all.

"Exactly my friend, I'm chasing the warden at the moment so for the time being your cute little ass is safe."

"Really? I thought that stuff was just a joke."

David just winked suggestively and walked from the room.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

The hallway was deserted, just right for this little... meeting. Rory wasn't worried about being caught anyway. Patterson was on duty in the section right now, and was being paid to be conveniently blind. Not with money, he sneered, glad it wasn't he himself being used as the currency to buy Patterson's cooperation. Lighting up a cigarette while he waited, he thought about the plans Piers was carefully crafting. The three of them, Morgan, Mason and himself – all guaranteed lifers, headed for prison after the Institute - were almost ready. A few more "cargoes" in and marketed, and then when Patterson came through with that extra little shipment... One asshole in particular was gonna get his before they left, though Piers might want to take care of Ant himself. Rory licked his lips and grinned in anticipation. He wanted to watch.

A slight, furtive movement down the hall caught his eye. Showtime.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Opening the curtains Declan settled on the couch as David rummaged in the closet for something in his jacket pocket. Joining Dec he produced a joint. "Care to partake?"