Chapter Forty Seven

Word Count: 1606

~Jada

It's clear how bothered Kael is that he can't detain Axel.

We all sit in one room, Axel on one side of the table, myself and Kael on the other. He looks at us, cocky and entitled, knowing there is nothing we can do but listen and negotiate with him until he gives us the information we need. Kael is fuming beside me, quietly calculating his next move. At least no one else knows with this exchange.

"Well, aren't you going to ask me where she is?" He questions, leaning comfortably back in his seat. It bothers me how calm he is about this, knowing he has a chance of getting out of here alive. I want to wrap my hands around his neck for what he tried doing to me.

"What do you want?" Kael questions, folding his arms over his chest. He's turned into an Alpha again, ready to negotiate.

A sly, hideous smile comes across Axel's face.

"You assume I want something? Well, why don't we start of easy...Let me walk free, no charge or punishment," he proposes. My throat goes dry, but it's not as if I didn't suspect that would be his request. Kael doesn't answer right away, sifting through his head for a way out of this, but clearly finds none, as he loosens a breath. I don't doubt this affecting him greatly.

"You were a Silent of mine for many years. You must pay the consequences for your betrayal at least," Kael says. I often forget Axel used to be referred to as Blue, before I told Kael of his true name, and worked close to his side.

There's a glint in Axel's eye as he shakes his head at us, knowing there's no chance for a punishment. "Wipe it all clean, or nothing."

With a jaw clenched, I look at Kael.

In reality, we don't have much of a choice. Either we punish Axel, and are forever wondering about this revolt against his Pack he is launching, and what his mother has to do with it. One key would be enough to send Kael's Silent's to deal with it. However, it's more than that, though. It's his mother too.

"Tell us more about what is going on, and why my mother is involved," Kael demands. He's not going to leave this place and believe Axel until he has a reason to. For all we know this could be a ruse to get him out of his punishment.

Axel leans forward in his seat. "Your mother escaped your fathers tyranny and converted a group of follows to conspire against your Pack."

It sounds chillingly real.

"Where is she? Where is this group? Tell me, and I'll give you what you want. You'll be let free to leave this Pack with no consequences. All you have to do is tell us where is is," Kael says, finally giving in to exactly what Axel wants. It can't be easy for him, but I'm glad he has done this. If this is an uprising, we both need to know.

Axel smiles, but as much as it bothers me, there is nothing more that I can do, as he agrees. "Fine. It's not a not a big group, however, it's growing by the day. It's on the outside of the Pack on the East side. It's where most of your degenerates live, so you shouldn't be surprised."

Kael tries not to look too bothered by his terminology, however, I can tell how much it's bothering him. Axel is filth.

I think he knows it, too.

"You'll be held until we can confirm what you have told us," Kael says, before he stands, walking back out the door, not wanting to wait around to speak to Axel anymore. I stay sitting where I am for a moment, looking across the table at Axel. What I want is for him to know I'm not scared of him, and that I don't rely on Kael to take care of me.