Chapter Thirty Four

Word Count: 1574

~Jada

I didn't get any sleep that night.

Sitting up in bed, I rocked back and forth, wondering whether I was stuck in a dark, cruel dream or not. It doesn't seem real, when I think about all the small details of it. Being mates with an Alpha doesn't even seem in the realm of possibility. I've thought about how much I've hated him before throughout my teenage years, however, unlike the rest of the girls in school, I never considered being mates with him.

Thoughts raced through my head about how Kael would react to this. I mean, if I told him how I found out, he wouldn't be happy. But would he be happy if he found out we were mates? Or does he have too much on his plate already?

Morning took eternity to come. The moment the sun rose through my open window, I snuck out, not wanting to confront him until I've collected my thoughts.

This is a lot to deal with.

Not to mention, the injuries my face has sustained from the fight. I will have to put off seeing Kael if I can for at least a week while things die down. Then, I can use to excuse that I got hit while training, or maybe that I tripped and fell. Hopefully that if believable.

I somehow doubt it...

Luckily, the cafeteria was open early, fresh food laid out for all the Silent's who hit morning workouts. After not getting anything last night because of the fight, I eat quickly and get another serving, close to starving.

Picking up my spoon, I check my reflection. The bones in my face ache, and this morning, I can see the true extent of my injuries. She got me good. Both my eyes are shrouded by black shadows, the bruises also coming down both my cheeks and alongside of my jaw. And to add to it all, almost everything is swollen. I look horrible.

It didn't take long for a Silent I didn't know named Bradon to drag myself and Ace out for some exercises under the rising sun.

At least he seemed nice.

The exercises were for our fitness alone, and were difficult enough to take my mind off the situation with Kael. Does he already know, or am I the only one? It doesn't matter when I'm running across the front field, touching trees at the border before racing Ace back to the main building.

Once Bradon was done with us for Fitness, we moved onto basic sparring skills with Axel. Unfortunately, of course.

Straight away, he had no interest in me, only Ace. He briefed us only looking at Ace, and demonstrated all of the moves on Ace. It bothered me, however, I have more to deal with then Axel having a bad attitude with me.

"Don't be afraid to hit each other," Blue mutters, standing back from us as Ace and I practice certain moves on each other. Mainly defense, since Silent's aren't mean to start fights so often. "You'll take worse hits in your life."

That felt like a dig at me.

Ace raises and eyebrow at me. There is no way he is going to take a hit at me in my condition. It seems like he's the only one here who cares about my wellbeing. Hopefully I will have time to talk to him after this session. I need to get it straight that I didn't mean to be harsh turning him down, and that he doesn't need to hate me for it.

Reaching his fist out toward me, I block Ace's hit. He does the same to me a few times before we step away from each other.

"Come on Ace. You don't need to be so soft," Axel prompts.

I glare toward him. Is he trying to get me more hurt than he can already see I am? I know for a fact he watched the fight last night. It hurt a little knowing he watched it and didn't help me when he could see how badly I needed it. Especially as a senior Silent.