"Did you ask someone if I were awake or not?"

"...We ... can continue our chit chat in the car too." Instead of answering him, I went to his car and settled myself on the front car seat.

There wasn't a point arguing with him since he probably was aware that I am lying.

"It is settled that I will take you to college then why did you leave by yourself?"

As expected he throws the question as soon as he gets inside the car.

"Oh! looks like it's going to rain soon." I said looking at the sky through the window. Once again completely ignore him.

"And have you brought an umbrella with you?" I didn't miss his taunting tone but remain quiet and luckily he also didn't try to continue the conversation.

We drove to college in complete silence. Getting out of the car I thanked him as usual and he looked away, as usual. I really don't understand why he avoids eye contact.

If he really hates me then why bother to give me a favour???

It's upsetting because I may accept it or not I have gone attached a little to Ahmar and his friends.

But if they hate me, there is nothing I can do!

I reminded myself, walking towards the staffroom.

Before my first class, I received a text from Zulqarnain, asking about my health. Also, he offered me to go for dinner. I instantly refused, don't want the same thing to happen to me again. In the end, we both agreed to have tea together in the evening since he will be coming home soon. Later I received another text. A very unexpected text, reminding me to take my medicine on time and the most shocking thing about it was the sender of it, who was none other than my student Ahmar. It took me a while to believe that it was really from him.

How can someone of his age care for such small things?

This boy really has a complicated personality!

~*~

"Hello, there pretty lady!" A familiar voice made me looked up from my phone and saw Zulqarnain coming towards me, with his usual cheerful smile plastered on his face.

Don't know why his smile always makes me happy and before I knew it, my lips curved upward.

"I thought someone said they will come home early." I said putting my phone on my lap.

"You will never miss the chance to be sarcastic." He chuckled taking a seat on the other side of the table.

As we planned in the morning he was supposed to wait for me on the lawn but he got late and I ended up waiting for him.

"Well, I don't see the point for being nice to a man who promised a lady and got late."

"I see you are correct. My lady, please accept my humble apologies." He said in a dramatic manner lowering his head a bit.

It made me chuckle and before I could respond, he continued, "Or should I get on my knees and beg to you?"

"No thanks, I think a simple apology is acceptable."

I don't think I can handle this much drama!

"You have a very kind heart, my Lady. I am honoured to be your friend."

"Well, you should be." I laughed.

"I longed to hear it."

"Hm?"