39

39
<--->

tests. tests. tests.

how she hated them.

areum cautiously scraped her pencil on the test paper full of questions she had studied hard for. she was a nervous wreck as each second that had passed with her brain calculating and thinking hard.

a good grade. that's what she wished for. areum believed that her hard work will turn out to be nothing if she didn't answer the questions with honesty. even though half of her believed she would not ace the test, she knew she had to do well to praise herself that she tried.

the atmosphere of the classroom full of quiet students was calm and thick. tension arose in the air as students knew how serious the test was. they knew it determined their future and where they will be going. but areum didn't know what she wanted to do or where to go.

school was just a learning place. she believed that when she was in elementary school. now growing up, she realized how different it was than she actually thought. school was helpful, and she didn't want to admit it but it was important.

anxiously waiting for the bell to ring, areum caught herself staring at her paper full of answers that she had written down. she was nervous as her heart hammered in her chest.

her eyes twitched when the teacher stood up from the desk. areum gulped. one last problem and she was done. the teacher began to walk down the rows of students, a glare in her eyes as she focused on each individual before moving on to collect other papers.

areum quickly read the question. it didn't make sense the first time as she panicked, but the more she read it the more she wasted time to answer it. breathing in, she filled it out with fast movements of her right hand. it was a perfect timing as the teacher had arrived to her desk when she finished.

"paper," the teacher muttered, glaring into areum's skull as she shakily handed the paper over. she hoped she received a good grade. she really did.

areum relaxed her shoulders after the teacher passed. she was relieved and leaned back in her chair. a little while later, the bell rang and students hastily picked up their belongings before scattering out of the door.

hyunjin, sitting a few seats away from areum, walked over with his bag slid over his muscular shoulder. he gave her a simple smile to greet her, swiftly swinging an arm around her shoulders.

"you good?" he asked as they ventured out of the classroom, walking side by side to go to their next class.

areum shook her head. she was still not over the last problem that stuck in her mind clearly. "i - i don't know if i know if i'm good. you know?"

hyunjin blinked. "no, i don't know." areum gave him a hard stare, then she burst out laughing at his randomness.

"whatever, let's go," she mumbled, tugging him along as she held the sleeves of his uniform.

<--->

"lunch!" felix screamed, running after a giddy jeongin. both of them were probably the most energetic ones out of everyone. since answering questions for tests, everyone was glad that lunch was next before their other classes.