Sakura

Under the Blossoms:

Chapter 4:

"Are you all right, Sebastian? You don't look well," Ciel tried to hide his grin. Judging from the demon's reaction he had outsmarted him. The tables had turned.

Sebastian's eyes narrowed momentarily. "Yes, my lord," he intoned without any of his usual enthusiasm.

He left the room very quickly, leaving a smirking Earl in his wake. The brat had known a lot more than he had let on and he had only just revealed it now with the bet set to end within three days. He had been prepared to claim his victory over him.

The demon consoled himself by resolving to find a loophole within the order before the flower show. In any case his master was unlikely to have worked out the terms of the bet. He had surprised himself when he had decided that conditions on the spur of the moment. There was still a chance of winning.

A number of hours later after putting his extremely smug young master to bed, he was forced to change his mind. The brat had covered everything in his order, much like when they had made the contract; obey every order and no lies. He had taken care not to specify anything about the bet so he was going to have to obey the order. Sebastian thought back to Ciel's exact words.

"I had a dream that I made a bet with someone and I cannot remember the terms of this bet. If the events in my dream turn out to be real, I order you to make me win the bet, whatever it may be."

There was no way of knowing what the brat had actually dreamed of and dreams were intangible things. Granted, he knew it involved cherry blossoms and a bet and that was indeed what happened seven years ago under the blossoms, but if that dream had any detail wrong that would mean that he did not have to obey the order. The loser of the bet was not going to be him. There was also another glimmer of hope, there were some things that he could not be ordered to do and that covered one of the terms of the bet.

Mentally he cursed his contractee for making him waste time worrying. The boy's plan had most likely been to make him think that he knew everything and trick him into following the order when he did not have to. Provided that the dream was not accurate to the smallest detail, he was going to win.

Ciel slept a little easier, knowing that he done something to try to win the bet and he had the beginnings of a plan, but he did not know if it would be enough. He was relying on his dream being a memory and dreams were not the most reliable of things. Hopefully this idea would have occurred to Sebastian and the demon would believe that victory was in his hands and would be unsuspicious.

***

The morning of the end of the bet dawned bright and early and much to his distaste Ciel was woken by a cheerful demon.

"It's time to wake up, young master," he greeted happily and pulled the curtains back. "It is an important day today."

Ciel raised his eyebrows as he sat up in bed. "Why?"

"You are taking Lady Elizabeth, your fiancée to the flower show."

His master's only response was to groan.

"I'm sure it will not be that boring, you never know, something could happen..." Sebastian said with a smile that caused his master to snap properly awake immediately.

"What do you mean by that?" Ciel asked sharply. He had been right, something connected to the bet was going to happen today.

Instead of answering the demon began pouring him his preferred Earl Grey into his favourite teacup from the Herend Chinoiserie set.