― 10. kidnapped

Start from the beginning

   "What's going on? What's all the noise?"

   "Job's complete." Iosef says with a sense of pride, "even got some nice souvenirs." he motions over to her, but the older man doesn't seem to notice her at first. He glides over to the bar and takes out a glass, then demanding the man named Avi to fetch him a certain scotch.

   "Good." with a flick of a wrist everyone but the man he entered with and Iosef left. Kaitlyn stands there feeling lost and feeble unsure what to do. She doesn't want to make eye contact with anyone, doesn't want to cry; she wishes she could disappear.

   Yet she can't help but stare at who just walked in. And then she realizes he looks familiar from somewhere but where...

   After a few moments she finally realizes who this man is, as she stares at him just a little longer through her blurry vision. His name is Viggo Tarasov, a member of one of the most powerful crime families in New York City. He had been her husbands former employer. She only heard stories of him, maybe seen a picture before; but now she is more scared than she was before because it dawns on her that John's dangerous life is catching up to him.

   It's then that a pair of eyes shifts to her; the black sheep in the room.

   Viggo's eyes widen in horror as he looks at Kaitlyn. He knows who this is, knows whose wife this is standing in front of him. Panic runs through his body as his eyes dart from her back to his son. He sees the dried blood from her scalp on her forehead, the bruises on her wrists, and that's when he realizes they're in trouble. His son messed up.

   Before Iosef can even see his father's anger, he is punched, and hard. Hard enough to make him fall to the ground with a grueling cry.

   "What did I do?" Iosef coughs in pain, stumbles to get up, and is glaring his father down.

   "You fucked up!" Viggo says as he accepts his drink from Avi, who looks equally as confused at Viggo who seethes with anger. Kaitlyn can feel Avi's eyes on her, probably wondering why she is such a big deal. But Kaitlyn knows why she is a big deal; it's because of who she is married to,

   "We did what you asked, no one saw shit!" Iosef yells as he tries to re-size up his father. There's an inkling of confusion in his voice, clearly he doesn't think kidnapping a woman and taking a car was wrong. But he is trying to show no weakness.

   "I'm not talking about that!" his father roars grabbing his shoulders and forcing him to stare at Kaitlyn. He points a glaring finger right at her.

   "It's not what you did that angers me the son. It's who you did it to... And I can't believe you took his fucking wife!" Viggo says calmly but scarily. Terror is radiating off his body enough to make Avi shrink back in terror. Kaitlyn jumps at how loud his voice is, how scary this man is. But at least he (seemingly) knows not to mess with her husband; she prays that this fact can help keep her alive.

   "That fucking nobody?!"

   Viggo is still fuming and it's easy to see as he grips his glass, fingers turning white,  "That fucking nobody is John Wick, and that's his wife. John is the best hitman, assassin- however you want to put it, in the world. He used to work for us over four years ago, and we called him, Baba Yaga."

   "The fucking boogeyman?"  Iosef asks with a scoff. That is just a bedtime story to scare little kids and Iosef knows he's not a child.

   "John wasn't the boogeyman," Kaitlyn says meekly, those are her first words since arriving and her voice doesn't sound like her own. Her throat is sore and her voice course because of it.