World War III - IV

Start from the beginning

"Calcium, weakened by the compression field. Acetic acid. Vinegar!" The Doctor spoke. "Mickey, you got any vinegar?"

"How should I know?"

"It's your kitchen!" The Doctor gapped.

"Cupboard by the sink, middle shelf." Rose spoke while the Doctor looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, give that here!" Jackie said ripping his phone out of his hand and putting it to her ear. "What do you need?"

"Anything with vinegar!"

Jackie grabbed an empty jug and started pouring things in. "Gherkins. Yeah, pickled onions. Pickled eggs."

"How do you kiss him?" Lily asked Rose who gave her a glare in return.

With a loud crash the unmasked Slitheen broke down the kitchen door. With a small spark of bravery Jackie tossed the contents of the jar onto the alien. It stopped, let out a fart, then exploded, green innards going everywhere.

-

"Wait, guys." Mickey called out through their cheers of victory. "Listen to this."

The sound of a television came through the phone from Mickey's flat. "Ladies and gentlemen, nations of the world, humankind. The greatest experts in extra-terrestrial events came here tonight. They gathered in the common cause, but the news I bring you now is grave indeed.The experts are dead, murdered right in front of me by alien hands. Peoples of the Earth, heed my words. These visitors do not come in peace."

The Doctor looked at the sisters as the masked Slitheen continued. "Our inspectors have searched the sky above our heads. And they have found massive weapons of destruction. Capable of being deployed within forty five seconds."

"What!" The Doctor spoke now standing up straight.

"Our technicians can baffle the alien probes, but not for long." The Prime Minister continued. "We are facing extinction, unless we strike first. The United Kingdom stands directly beneath the belly of the mother ship. I beg of the United Nations, pass an emergency resolution. Give us the access codes. A nuclear strike at the heart of the beast is our only chance of survival. Because from this moment on it is my solemn duty to inform you planet Earth is at war."

The Doctor shook his head into disbelief. "He's making it up. There's no weapons up there, there's no threat. He just invented it."

"Do you think they'll believe him?" Rose asked Lily.

"They did last time." The ginger answered with a shrug.

"That's why the Slitheen went for spectacle. They want the whole world panicking, because you lot-" Lily looked back down at her boots. "you get scared, you lash out."

"They release the defense codes." Rose pointed out.

"And the Slitheen go nuclear." Lily added.

"But why?" Harriet asked.

The Doctor strode over to the panel and made the shutters open, staring at Margaret between three Slitheens. "You get the codes, release the missiles, but not into space because there's nothing there. You attack every other country on Earth. They retaliate, fight back. World War Three. Whole planet gets nuked."