Aliens of London - III

Continue from Aliens of London - II

---

The Doctor, Lily and Rose ran down the stairs of the roof into the busy pack street filled with traffic jams and frazzled citizens. The reason for the jam was the army who was blocking the end of the street.

"It's blocked off." Lily stated as they stopped in the middle of the chaos. "We're miles from the centre. The city must be grid locked. The whole of London must be closing down."

"I know!" Lily and Rose looked at him with eyebrows raised. "I can't believe I'm here to see this. This is fantastic!"

"Did you know this was going to happen?" Rose questioned.

"Nope."

"Do you recognize the ship?"

"Nope." The Doctor repeated.

"Do you know why it crashed?"

"Nope."

"Oh, I'm so glad I've got you."

"Ditto." Lily finally spoke with a roll of her eyes.

"You should know that this is what I travel for Lily. To see history happening right in front of us!"

"Well, let's go and see it." Rose grinned. "Never mind the traffic, we've got the TARDIS!"

"Better not." Lily denied. "They've already got one spaceship in the middle of London. We don't want to shove another one on top. Especially the TARDIS. They get their hands on that the world would probably cease to exist."

"So history's happening and we're stuck here?" Rose sighed.

"Yes." The Doctor nodded. "Yes we are."

"Well," Rose looked to the Thames. "We could always do what everybody else does. We could watch it on TV."

-

The flat was crowded with friends of Jackie's. They were there to celebrate the return of Lily and Rose, though they weren't paying attention to them at all. Rose was in the middle of a deep conversation with a neighbor while Lily watched the news along with the Doctor. When the Doctor unexpectedly stood up and walked out the flat Lily quickly got up and followed him out with Rose trailing behind.

"Oi!" Lily called out. "Where do you think you're going?"

He turned back to the sisters, Rose now on Lily's left side. "Nowhere." he shrugged. "History just happened and they're talking about where you can buy dodgy top-up cards for half price. I'm off on a wander, that's all."

"Right." Lily let the word drag on a little bit longer. "There's a spaceship on the Thames and you're just wandering."

"Nothing to do with me. It's not an invasion. That was a genuine crash landing. Angle of descent, color of smoke, everything. It's perfect."

"So?" Rose questioned.

"So maybe this is it. First contact." The Doctor continued on. "The day mankind officially comes into contact with an alien race. I'm not interfering because you've got to handle this on your own. That's when the human race finally grows up. Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay. Now you can expand."

"You don't need me." He gave them a small smile. "Go and celebrate history. Spend some time with your mum."

Lily stared up at his eyes. "Promise you wont disappear again?"

"Tell you what." he dug in his pockets and brought out two silver keys both on their own chains. "TARDIS key. It's about time you each had one." he dropped them in their hands then turned to leave. "See you later."

The two girls stood their, watching him walk down the staircase. Lily placed the chain over her head and tucked the key inside her dress. "I need to follow him."

"What?"

"We need to talk about something and I rather do it alone." She tighten the jacket over her body. "I'll be back."

She turned to follow him but was stopped by Roses voice. "Are you sure about that Lils? You've done it before."

"And I came back didn't I?"

Rose only smiled. "We also need to talk about you're thing. When will you tell Mum?"

"I won't." Lily shook her head. "Not until the Doctor and or I figure out how to fix it."

-

"DOCTOR!"

Before the Time Lord could walk into his now open TARDIS door he waited for the ginger to catch up with him.

"We need to talk." She tried to catch her breath given that she ran all the way to him. Apparently he's a fast walker.

He stood there in front of the open door. "I told you well talk about it more after I figure out how to fix it." he took a step in the TARDIS.

"This isn't about my ageing Doctor!" Her voice was loud stopping him from closing the door. They ended up both walking into the box, her closing the door behind them, unaware of Mickey screaming for them to stop.

With the Doctor at the console piloting the TARDIS she walked up beside him with her arms crossed, "Even though that's a big issue as well, what you over heard me and Gwyneth talking about in the 1800's. . ."

"There is nothing to talk about Red." He didn't look at her but kept his eyes on the monitor.

"I think there is."

"You compared our relationship to a case of Stockholm Syndrome Lily!" He lashed out, finally looking at her.

"Okay, Belle didn't have Stockholm Syndrome, she was in love with him!"

"And that's how you feel?"

What the Doctor said made Lily grow quite. Seeing her shocked face at what he said the Doctor sighed and then continued. "It's like you said, Red. We are two completely different people. You don't want to further our relationship that's fine."

"It's not that." Lily sighed. "Don't you think we're taking this. . . too quickly?"

"I didn't."

"You've always been my hero Doctor for as long as I can remember." She grabbed one of his hands with both of hers to comfort him. "But. . . the last guy I was with, Jack, left me. That didn't end well for me and I rather not rush into another one. Could we just stay friends for now?"

"What ever makes you happy, Lily." He forced a smile and kissed her forehead. "Now wait here. I'm going to go and see this alien myself."

"Can't I go?" She asked as he head to the door.

"Not with all the security. I'll be right back." Lily softly smiled at him and he ran out the door and shut it. She leaned against the console and waited for him to return.

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11