Lily & Rose - III

Continue from Lily & Rose - II

---

"Morning Mum." Fully dressed for the day Lily emerged from the hallway taking a seat at the table across from Rose.

"Morning sweetheart." Jackie responed by kissing her on the head. "I was just telling your sister here that jobs are open at Finch's for you two."

"The butchers?" Lily's nose scrunched up in disgust.

"That exactly what I said." Rose laughed, tossing around a small apple back and forth between her hands.

"Ah, don't be like that you two." Jackie fixed herself a cup of tea as she talked to her daughters. "It might do you both good." She spoke with her back towards  them concentrating on fixing her beverage. "And I thought long and hard last night about compensastion. You girls have had genuine shock and trauma." She continued rambling. A normal thing in the household. "Arianna got two thousand quid off the council just because the old man behind the desk said she looked Greek!"

While she headed back to her room with her freshly brewed cup of tea Lily corrected her. "But Arianna is greek Mum."

"She is but that's besides the point! It was a valid claim!" Jackie yelled back.

Lily and Rose's laughing was interrupted by the sound of the cat door rattleing.

"Mum!" Lily called out walking towards the front door. "We told you many times to nail the cat flap down. We're gonna get strays."

"I did it weeks back." Jackie answered out from her room.

"No, you thought about it." Rose now stood behind Lily at the front door.

"That's odd." Lily kneeled down onto the floor picking up one of the screws from the cat flap.

Flipping the cat flap up she was met by a familiar pair of crystal blue eyes. "Unbelievable." She groaned standing up and opened the door.

"Well then." The Doctor grinned down at her, wiggling his eyebrows. "We meet again, Red."

"It's Lily." The ginger corrected. "What are you doing here?"

"Nah, I like Red better." He revealed his sonic screwdriver. "Scanning for more Autons and I've got a strong signal of something coming from your flat. Mind if I come in?" He rushed past her into her home. "Thanks."

"Hey!" Lily closed the door as The Doctor brushed past Rose. "You can't just barge into my house univited."

"Yes I can. I'm doing it right now." He called from the living room with the sound of him rumaging through their stuff.

Jackie stuck her head out of her room. "Who just walked past?"

Lily and Rose looked at each other, talking with their eyes trying to come up with a plan,

"He's a part of the inquiry." Rose came up with on the spot. "He's here to talk about last night."

Jackie looked over at the Doctor now leaning against her door frame. "I think they deserve compensation." She told him.