Father's Day - III

Continue from Father's Day - II

---

Lily frowned when he gave her his keys and left after Jackie, vase under arm. She sighed, heading for the car, when a little dark skinned boy in a suit ran up, screaming. "Monsters!" he called. "Going to eat us!"

"What sort of monsters, sweetheart?" One woman humored him. "Is it aliens?"

The boy ignored them and ran straight into the church. Lily paused, trying to piece together what was going on, when she heard another scream. This time it was a man's. "Lily!" The Doctor shouted. "Lily! Get in the church!"

Lily turned to see him running full force to her. She smiled but it quickly faded when she saw the terror in his eye. She looked up at the sky to see a large creature with bat like wings and red eyes hovering over her. She screamed in fright when it swooped towards her, but the Doctor was there in time to pull her to the ground before it got her. "Get in the church!" He shouted again when two more headed there way.

"Oh, my God!" The same woman that talked the little boy screeched. "What are they? What are they?"

"Inside!" The Doctor commanded once more, using his hands in a swatting motion.

"Sarah!" The groom, Stuart, called out.

"Stay in there!" The Doctor ordered.

Lily scrambled to her feet and finished helping everyone inside before she did the same. She spotted her parents and her younger self in the back pew, as the Doctor locked the door with his sonic screwdriver.

"They can't get in." The Doctor spoke, checking the windows. "Old windows and doors. Okay. The older something is, the stronger it is. What else? Go and check the other doors!" He saw no one was moving so he repeated himself. "Move!"

"What's happening?" Jackie asked. "What are they? What are they?"

"There's been an accident in time." The Doctor answered. "A wound in time. They're like bacteria, taking advantage."

"What do you mean, time? What're you jabbering on about, time?"

The Doctor huffed. "Oh, I might've known you'd argue. Jackie, I'm sick of you complaining."

"How do you know my name?" She narrowed her eyes. "I've never met you before in my life!'

"No, and you never will unless I sort this out." The Doctor snapped. "Now, if you don't mind, I've waited a long time to say this. Jackie Tyler, do as I say. Go and check the doors."

Jackie swallowed, nodded her head, and muttered. "Yes sir." She then kneeled down to Little Lily. "Stay here. Okay baby."

"I'll look after her." The Doctor suggested.

Jackie, having no other choice, smile. "Thank you." and gave Little Lily a kiss on her head before walking off with baby Rose.

The Doctor kneeled down to eye level with Little Lily. "Hello Lily." he grinned.

Little Lily smiled at him, showing a row of a few missing teeth. "Hello Mister."

"You can call me the Doctor."

"Okay Doc." Little Lily giggled.

"Yah know." The Doctor picked her up in his arms and place her to stand on the pew so they were eye to eye. "You'll call me that a lot in the future. At first it was annoying but I've grown to love it."

Little Lily ignored him and grabbed his ears with a laugh. "You have funny ears."

"I agree." He chuckled.

"Sir." The groom, Stuart, tapped on his shoulder turning his attention away from Little Lily. "My Dad was out there."

"You can mourn him later." The Doctor said, placing Little Lily off the pew to stand beside him. "Right now we've got to concentrate on keeping ourselves alive."

"My Dad had-"

"There's nothing I can do for him."

"No, but he had this phone thing." Stuart held up a phone. "I can't get it to work. I keep getting this voice."

"Watson, come here. I need you. Watson, come here. I need you."

"That's the very first phone call." The Doctor answered, looking at it. "Alexander Graham Bell. I don't think the telephone's going to be much use."

"But someone must have called the police."

"Police can't help you now. No one can. Nothing in this universe can harm those things. Time's been damaged and they've come to sterilize the wound. By consuming everything inside."

"Lily, come back of here now dear. Come along." Jackie called over to Little Lily. She obeyed after giving the Doctor another smile.

Little Lily ran past older Lily who heard the whole conversation. "This is-" Her eyes held tears, frighten at what she's done. "This is all my fault." She looked at the Doctor. "Isn't it?"

The Doctor didn't have the heart to tell her so he just walked off. That was the only answer Lily needed. She bit her lip and crossed her arms, walking to the alter. She sat down on the steps and placed her head on her knees trying to calm down.

Pete was in the vestry when the Doctor got to him, looking out of the window. "There's smoke coming up from the city but no sirens." He shook his head. "I don't think it's just us. I think these things are all over the place. Maybe the whole world." The Doctor closed the window right as the same beige car appeared at the corner, turns, then the driver covers his face and it disappears again, just like it had before. Pete blinked. "Was that a car?"

"It's not important." The Doctor lashed the window closed. "Don't worry about it."

-

Lily was sitting on the steps of the alter trying to control her breathing when Pete walked up to her, taking a seat to her left with a sigh. "This mate of yours. What did he mean, this is your fault?"

"I don't know." Lily mumbled, head still on her knees. "Just everything, I guess?"

"I gave you my keys." Pete said, flabbergasted. "You don't give your keys to a complete stranger. It's . . it's like I trusted you. Moment I met you, I just did." Lily looked at him, tear filled eyes widen. "You called me Dad. I can see it. You sound like her when you shout. You are." He placed a hand on her cheek, wiping away a tear, "You are. You're my Cinderella. You're my Lily . . grown up."

"Dad."  Lily choked out. Pete pulled her into a tight hug. "My Daddy."

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11