The Doctor Dances - I

Continue from The Empty Child - V (Final)

As always please leave comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts <3

-

"Hello, Lillian

"Hello, Lillian. It's been a while."

- Jack Harkness

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

London, England
1941

London, England1941

-

Lily stood like a statue in front of Rose. Rose clutched onto Lilys' arms, fearing for their lives. "Go to your room." The Doctor commanded, not breaking a sweat. When they all stopped that seemed to encourage the Doctor to continue further. "Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!"

The girls looked at each other in shock as the patients appeared to be hanging their heads in shame and obeying the doctor's orders, heading back to their beds. "I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words." He chuckled.

"Why are they all wearing gas masks?" Lily asked.

"They're not," Jack replied. "Those masks are flesh and bone."

"How was your con supposed to work out?" The Doctor asked.

"Simple enough, really." Jack shrugged. "Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front-oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con."