Chapter 37 - Alkronia and Ghaldaran (2)

<Eilene's Log House - Nilam Mountain>

"Beside Grizzars, Goblins are always a problem in this mountain."

The old woman named Eilene Hexanne said as she boiled a kettle of tea for her unexpected guests.

Bonnie sat silently, while Nuyi was flying around the room, looking at the strange and unusual decorations.

"They are scavengers. They salvage things that being thrown, or even from dead body. Some even boldly steal and rob. My crops and tools are being stolen by those Gibets weekly." Eilene ranted. "Despite their behavior, I'm a bit interested in their craftsmanship. Sometimes, they've made unthinkable innovation which I'd love to research. Yesterday, I planned to approach their crafters, but then I saw you came and annihilated them all."

"Sorry..."

"Oh you don't have to apologize, lassie. After all, I can always find another goblins nearby."

Eilene poured the tea in the kettle into one regular cup for Bonnie, and one tiny cup for Nuyi. Then she sat down and sighed.

"Anyway, I really am sorry for your skeleton friend."

Hearing that, the two immediately looked down. Their head hung as their expression turned grim.

"It's my fault." Bonnie's voice trembled, and her hands grabbed her robe tightly. "I let my guard down."

Nuyi flew toward her and she stopped in front of Bonnie's sad face.

"Miss Bonnie. Skelly would be sad if you blame yourself like this." Nuyi patted Bonnie's head with her tiny hand, then she turned toward Eilene. "Mrs. Hexanne, can you fix Skelly? You are a magic researcher, right?"

"I am. But sadly, I can't fix him. I am not a necromancer." She shook her head. "Even though he can be revived, I'm not sure if his personality will be the same. He can be not recognizing you, or even become aggressive."

"I see..." Nuyi shoulders dropped.

Seeing the little fairy's sadness, Eilene wanted to help with another solution.

"However, I can bind Skelly's core into something else. In other words, I can make something useful for you, as a remembrance of Skelly."

Nuyi's eyes widened as she got an idea. She flew somewhere else and back with a black lantern which she then put on the table.

"Can you bind Skelly's core into this lantern?"

Eilene took a closer look and inspected it.

'This looks sinister.'

The lantern indeed had an otherworldly design. Its body was hollow–without glass or air shutter. Jagged top with chained ring as the handle. The bottom part also had pointy claws. Both of them connected with four pillars with engraved symbols on them.

'I see... Those are runes. It seems you need to use mana or spell to lit the lantern. Interesting...'

Eilene lightly nodded and answered.

"Hmmm... I guess, I'll try what I can do."

Nuyi's face brightened. Bonnie felt relieved as well, she smiled and thanked Eilene.

"Thank you..."

"Oh... No need to thank me. I'm glad to be able to help." She smiled back, then she made a gesture pointed at the tea. "Please drink the tea before they get cold..."

"Ah yes..." Both of them answered as they picked their cup and sipped the tea together.

Slurp~