Chapter 15 - Astral Artisan (3)

"Hey, is your work done yet?"

"Umm... Soon..."

"Hah! Don't tell me... By the time it's done, we will be old and already have grandchild."

"Hahahahahaha!"

'Shut up....'

"Tell me... Which one is more important, your family or your study?"

"I think my family is more important to me..."

"You're wrong if you said that, your mid-test is way more important. What a waste of time. We're done here."

"But, professor-"

'Shut. Up.'

[I'm sorry. Thank you for everything.]

"No... Please...don't! Please answer my call! God, please...save her..."

'SHUT UP!'

I snapped out of my mind when an explosion happened in front of me. The loud noise and the debris that was thrown made me squint my eyes. After that, I couldn't help but sighed. It was because I couldn't damage the Dimensional Envoy at all.

'The more I think the more I have no chance of win.'

Well, he was ghost monster. Immune to physical attack was understandable. However, for him to be immune to magic attack too... He was basically immortal.

'Could it be because Wind Blessing buff only gives me additional 10 wind attack?'

I shook my head, I didn't think so. At least the damage should be 1 or 0, or maybe blocked or nullified, but the system message didn't even show up. So, there was only one explanation. He was unbeatable. And that led me to think that he was an illusion.

'Yeah, I believe he's an illusion.'

It seemed plausible. System message didn't show no matter how I attack him. But his attack was real when his sword clashed mine though. It even damaged me.

'Ah... This is driving me nut.'

My mind kept telling me that he was an illusion but the thing I saw seem real. Still, I had to think calmly before I draw a conclusion.

'Let's start from the beginning.'

Think about it... Nothing could damage him, but he could damage me. It was like I tried to attack randomly at invisible enemy, and of course he could attack me at ease because I didn't know his position.

'That means the form I'm against right now is an illusion.'

[Formidable Mind has detected anomaly]

With that system message showed up, it seemed I was right. The faceless being then occasionally faded and became transparent. Because of that, I could see something inside the chest. Even though it was still covered with black smoke, I could sense it clearly. But then something was coming afterwards.

Swoosh!

A dark orb was sent flying straight to me. It was fast. I leaned my body to the right and then kicked the ground. I was a few centimeters away from being hit. The dark orb passed and hit the ground. I used my left hand to cover the explosion impact.

Boom!

I focused my eyes to where it came from, and everything became slow. Right inside the faceless being, there was a strange emerald and black aura mixed. The emerald aura was thin, as if it could be getting eaten by the black one at any moment. It seemed like a war between them. Among them, I could see a tiny figure with two pairs of wings. Its height was a palm small. And it flapped its wings like dragonflies.