Taking a deep breath, I slowly turned the doorknob and popped my head through the space to take a peak inside only there wasn't anybody.

The maid did say he was here, didn't she?

Maybe he went somewhere. I should wait here until he comes back.

With that intention, I walked inside the study. This is the second time I'm coming here. The first time was when Daniel bought me to the castle. It's funny that it has barely been two days and still feels like it's been ages.

That time around, I didn't get a chance to analyse the place properly. And now that I have ample of time to kill until Daniel returns back here, I might as well take a good look around.

By the way, I don't think there's anything interesting to look around. It's all the same. A stock of files arranged in a shelf at one corner, a huge clock that keeps on making tik-tok tik-tok sound, beige coloured walls, the comfy couch that I'm sitting on, a huge mahagony table...

Aha! Daniel's Desk!

Let me take a look.

I walked over to the desk and skimmed my fingers over the polished wood. There wasn't anything special on his desk either. Files, Documents, ink quills and paper weights. Seriously, not even a single photo frame?

Indeed, Daniel is a very boring person.

I walked around the table and sat on his chair letting my back rest on the leathered seat. So comfortable.

A wide grin etches on my face as I spot the tyres attached to the bottom part of the chair. I adjust myself properly and twirl the chair around with full force. I giggled like a two-year-old as everything around me seemed rotating.

Wow. This is fun!

I continued twirling the chair for ten more minutes before I got bored. With my elbows on the table, I rested my chin on my palms as I focused my attention on the huge clock.

I carefully watched the movement of it's hands, my eyeballs moving along with them as it kept on making tik-tok voice which made me feel so sleepy and my eyelids also felt heavy. I shook my head in annoyance to ward of any trace of sleep.

For Lord's sake! I just woke up and I'm already feeling sleepy. Why am I such a sleepy head?!

Where are you Daniel?

Daniel's POV

"What are we going to do about Anthony? He doesn't even seem fazed after your marriage with Ariana. Don't you think there's something amiss about him?" Ariel asked, walking beside me as we made our way into the castle after attending the council meeting.

I don't understand why Alpha Anthony Gonzalez still doesn't agree to the truce. He's hell bent on destroying every vampire around.

Why is he having such a grudge with vampires? And doesn't he want his mate back?

I thought marrying his mate would be the most effective way to make him agree to the truce. But guess what, I was wrong. He doesn't even seem to be a least bit effected by the whole marriage ordeal. In fact, he looks in better condition than I thought him to be in. He also said me that he doesn't want her back and I could keep her with me as long as I want which is indeed strange considering Ariana is his mate. Is he just acting it all out? Like he didnt care so that I would stop bothering Ariana and let her go but he was quite straightforward. Something is fishy. I need to find out what.