Chapter 9 - the New Principle of Imperious Vox Ludas

It was a month later when Tom called Loki to go to his office, when Loki had gotten there Tom said, "Please sit down."

Loki did as he was told and looked confused, Tom then said, "I am getting older, Loki, you know that, and I can't be principle of this school any longer. This is why I am having you be principle. You are just as powerful as I. But you have made more mistakes of which you had learned from. I can't protect this school or its students as I use to. This is your school after today. I am giving it to you. Serve it well."

Loki stared at him blankly. He understood, but why so suddenly? After a moment he gathered his thoughts and said, "Ok. I understand. I'll be here tomorrow. You can count on it."

Early the next morning Loki went into the office and found a note that read:

Dear Loki,

I have left instructions for you to get you started in being the new principle of this school this should help you know what to do and is underneath to this note. It's not as simple as it may seem but I'm sure you'll manage. There is also a schedule attached to this note. It should help you. I hope the room suits you. If not then you can switch things around to your liking.

Sincerely, Tom

Loki had flipped the note over the note to reveal the schedule. Today seemed to be less active with work. So Loki decided that he should read the instructions of the school. It wasn't large, probably ten pages long. He began to read it and as he did he realized that the instructions were hand written by Tom. Loki was able to tell because it had the same cursive writing as the note. The first page interested Loki, because it told him what to do about disciplinary actions. It read:

As the new principle of the school, you will have to deal with disciplining kids. The hard part about that is you don't want to be too strict. While you need to be strict enough to get your word across to the student that you are being serious to them. I suggest letting them off with a warning and if they do it again then give them punishment. It has worked with me. Though, the teachers mostly deal with the less severe kids. Though if someone has gotten in trouble a lot then you have to suspend them for a little while.........

After that, it was mainly what to do around the school and such things similar to that. He read over everything to make sure that he would be a good new principle. After reading these things he was confident that he would be an extremely good principle. His new test came soon. A young boy came in the room. He looked nervous and was obviously a new student to Imperious Vox Ludas.

Loki asked, "May I ask for your name and what you are here for?"

The kid didn't look at Loki; instead he looked around the room, and then said, "My name is Jeremy. I am here because someone had put some sort of symbol on my binder and I didn't see it. When the teacher noticed it, he asked why I had that mark on my binder, but I had no clue what he was talking about, until I looked at it and there it was as clear as day, right on my binder. I told him I didn't draw it but he didn't believe me and sent me here."

Loki thought of this for a moment and then asked, "May I see your binder?"

The boy nodded his head and handed his binder over to Loki. Loki looked at the symbol. It was a picture of a rose but it appeared to be on fire. This was a symbol for a very bad gang in the school, some of whom had been caught, but the rest were still in the school doing extremely bad things.

Loki knew of the symbol and looked at Jeremy and said, "I know what this mark is. It's the signature of a very bad gang. Though I don't believe they allow young students, such as you. I believe your story, but if you should come back in here about something like this again and I won't be as nice. Understand?"

Jeremy nodded and said, "Yes I understand. Thank you for believing me."

The boy grabbed his binder back and returned to class. Loki smiled as he completed his first job as principle. He dealt with the regular principle duties now and had quit his old job. He was happy where he was now.