Chapter 22 - Trying to Escape

When Grant came in to get the dish; Zoe said, "Grant I need some help over here."

Being nice Grant set the dish back down on the dresser and went over by Zoe. He looked around and asked, "What is it?"

Zoe smirked and said, "The curtains are stuck."

When Grant turned to the curtains, Zoe sent a fire ball at him. This hit him and he fell to the floor. She ran but before she could reach the door, Grant stood up and sent a water ball after her. It hit her back and she fell down. She tried to get up, but before she could, she felt a shear pain go down her body. Grant walked to her. Without him touching her or her doing anything with her own will, she flipped over.

Grant smirked at her. He shook his head and said, "You honestly believe you can beat me? I can now control you. I could kill you simply by squeezing my hand into a fist. Or I could make you kill yourself. You are under my control now. Seeing how you only tried this one, I'm going to let you go. But do this again and I won't be so nice."

He lowered his hand and Zoe had control over her own body again. She backed away, from Grant, into the bed. He laughed and left the room, locking the door behind him. She went back on top of the bed.

Even though Grant threatened her, she had to try again. When Grant came into her room to give her dinner, she had him pit her dinner on the bed. When he turned his back to her, she blasted him with fire. When this hit his back, he fell to the ground. Zoe jumped off the bed and landed in front of the door. As soon as her feet touched the floor, she ran. She actually got outside before Grant got up. She continued to run. Grant sent a water ball after Zoe. She dodged this, though, by jumping. She continued running, trying to dodge every attack made by Grant. She let out a blood curdling scream.

Jude, who was leading the group, stopped. He heard the scream. Zoe screamed again. Jude heard it again. This time he ran. The others heard it as well and ran toward the scream, but they were too far away.

Zoe received a hard hit to the back. Grant made her get up and walk to him. She tried to break away from his power but was unable to. When she reached Grant, he slapped her. She screamed again and started crying.

Jude ran faster when he heard the scream again. He thought quickly and used his powers to make him speed up. The others couldn't keep up with Jude, but kept running toward the screams.

Zoe was crying hysterically now.

Grant yelled, "What did I tell you? Though, I give you an A plus on trying. Now you try escaping again and I will kill you. One way or another."

He was about to slap Zoe again, when Jude came running through the forest. When Jude saw Grant, with his hand raised, he became furious. He sent an air ball at Grant. This made him fall and control over Zoe's body break. Zoe fell, crying in pain. Jude ran to Zoe and helped her up. She was hugging him, trying to stand. Grant grabbed Zoe's ankle. He pulled her away from Jude.

This made Jude extremely angry. He blasted Grant with air; making him fly into the house, letting Zoe's ankle go before he did, Jude helped Zoe up again. The rest of the group came running from the forest. Jude helped Zoe to the group. They decided that Blake and William would teleport her back to camp and take care of Zoe there. As soon as the three left, Grant woke up.

Jude turned around; anger prominent on his face. He was about to throw an attack, but Loki held him back. Jude tried to break free but Loki was stronger.

Jude yelled, "Why can't I attack him? He kidnapped Zoe. He deserves to die."

Loki said, "Before you kill him, let's ask some questions. I want to know why he had kidnapped Zoe."

Jude settled down and said, "Fine. But he better watch what he says."

Loki nodded and let go of Jude. Jude simply walked a bit forward and gave Loki an angry look. Loki walked up to Grant. Grant was about to throw an attack at Loki, but Loki held his hand up. Grant felt pain go through his body.

Loki smirked, as he said, "How does it feel to have your own attack method be used on you?" Grant's eyes went wide but he didn't respond. Loki continued, "Why did you kidnap Zoe?"

Grant said, "To get to William."

Jude looked puzzled, but then he saw William's face expression become angry. William started to go to Grant, but Jude ran after him and tried to hold him back. William threw Jude away from him.

Aurora ran in front of William and said in a calm voice, "William calm down. Just let him talk."

William looked at Aurora and calmed down a little bit and said, "Fine." He turned around and walked to Jude, who was lying on the ground from William's throw.

William helped Jude up and said, "Sorry."

Jude grumbled, the air being knocked out of him from the throw, "It's ok I understand."

Loki continued, "What did you want to get to William for?" Grant didn't say anything. Loki started to make his hand turn into a fist and said, "Ok, obviously you did not hear me, so I will say what I said again. What did you want to get to William for?"

Grant squirmed in pain and said, "Ok I'll tell you." Loki stopped making his hand turn into a fist as Grant continued, "William is powerful. I want him to join the Burning Roses. He would be a powerful member of our group. But I would have to take something dear to his heart, and destroy it."

Loki became enraged but kept calm and then he saw William try to go after Grant. Without releasing Grant from his blood bending, Loki sent a water ball at William. He flew into the air and landed on the ground.

Loki said, "No. Do not do anything to him even if he deserves it. I have it under control."

William got up and said, "Fine."

He went to Aurora and hugged her from her back, which was all he knew to do to keep him from killing Grant himself.

Grant continued, "I thought Zoe was Aurora. Not only that but I saw Zoe with Jude and thought they were brother and sister to each other. So I waited till Zoe was alone, thinking she was Aurora, and kidnapped her. I had planned to kill her. But she was smart and escaped before I had the chance."

Now Jude, William, and Aurora were furious. Jude teleported to camp. Loki was furious as well, but was able to control his anger; he looked and saw their facial expressions.

He looked back at Grant and said, "Do you even realize who I am and what I can do?"

Grant said, "No I don't. Though I see you can water bend."

Loki smirked and said, "Oh I can do more than just water bend, I control all elements. Also, I'm Loki."

Grant's eyes went wide, he said, "Wait Loki? I'm... I'm sorry." Grant's eyes filled with tears but he held them back.

Loki looked puzzled and said, "What? Sorry for what?"

Grant looked at Loki and said, "My parents had killed your parents. My parents are dead now though."

Loki's face went from puzzled to shock. Then he said, "I've been looking for you and your parents for years. Now that I have you in my grasp, I can't kill you. You are not mine to kill. You should consider yourself lucky I took some pity on you."

With that Loki let Grant go from his blood bending and teleported back to the camp.

William walked up to Grant, kicked him in the stomach and said, "I suggest you leave me and my family alone before I kill you myself." With that he and teleported everyone back to camp.