Chapter3 - Tom

The person who, long ago, had granted her wish to control the element of water. She blinked her eyes as if she was seeing things, but it was him right in front of her staring at her.

He said, "Hello Nicole. It's been so long since I last saw you. This was when you were battling that young guy at your middle school. Come in and have a seat."

Nicole still shocked at seeing this person of so long ago. He had a beard and white hair and wrinkles. He looked almost retiring age. Regaining her ability to speak said, "You are the principle here."

He laughed and said, "Yes I am." Questions were going around in her head.

He looked at Loki and then at the wedding rings they were wearing and asked, "Is he your husband?"

Nicole and Loki looked at each other and laughed. They said in unison, "No. We're just friends."

Tom laughed at his own mistake and said, "Oh I'm sorry I just figured since you two both came in here together that you were married."

Nicole said, "No its ok I'm sure anyone would say that if they didn't really know us."

Tom said, "So what can I help you with?"

Nicole spoke up, "Well Loki, our friend Addie, and myself would like our children to be placed in this school."

Tom asked, "What are their abilities?"

Nicole said, "Well my eldest can control earth, the middle can control fire, and my youngest can control water."

Loki then said, "My eldest controls all elements. While my youngest controls fire."

Nicole then said, "Right and our friend Addie's eldest child can control water. Her middle child controls fire. While Addie's youngest child controls the element of air."

Tom thought about this and said, "I can put them in this school. Though it'll have to start next summer because it's too late to get them started in this summer." Nicole and Loki nodded their heads in agreement.

Loki then said, "Now what are the hours they'll spend here. I need to know because I'll be dropping them off and picking them up."

Tom replied, "It starts at 8:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm. The schooling is more complicated here then at a regular school so the hours are longer."

Loki said, "Ok I can deal with that." Nicole was not paying attention at this point thoughts and questions where going around in her head but she didn't know how to ask them.

She spoke up, finally getting her train of thought back, asking, "Tom, how did you know it was me on that first day, out in front of Mason?"

Tom paused at the sudden change of subject and said, "Well that is complicated to answer."

Nicole becoming more and more curious then asked, "But how did you know that I was going to wish for?"

Tom took a deep breath and answered, "There are other elements. Elements that not even you know about, unless you go to this school. I can control the element of the mind. It is a powerful element that is hard to spot. But because of this element I control I can see into the future. I saw you older, just getting your powers, and there was an evil force of people. They killed you, your family," he looked at Loki and continued, "and they killed your friends."

Nicole and Loki had a look of shock on their face. Neither of them could find words to say about this. Nicole, finally finding some words to say, said, "But how did you know what my name was?"

Tom laughed and said, "That part was easy. You had told me what it was before I could ask."

Nicole laughed at her stupid question. Then she asked, "But how did you know Tyler was going to hurt people as I was in the nurses office knocked out?"

Tom simply said, "I saw it happening."

Nicole, trying to get off subject, asked, "So what are the other elements that we don't know about? I mean besides the element of the mind."

Tom thought of this a moment and said, "There is two more unknown elements. Those are the element of music and the element of electronics. The music element is easier to spot. Though the electronics element is about as hard to spot as the mind element, though isn't used as much as the mind element."

Nicole said, "Ok thank you. Well we will be leaving. So long as our kids are enrolled for next summer, I mean."

Tom replied, "They are enrolled. I will enroll them personally."

Nicole said, "Ok thank you. Bye."

They left the office and went on. Loki said, "Well that was nice. Grab my arm and hold on." Nicole grabbed his arm and they teleported to Addie's house, where Addie and the kids were.