chapter 11

"Cherry?" Peach asked as she did chores with Cherry.

"Yeah Bubba?" Cherry called back.

"Don't tell anyone but..." Peach turned beet red. "I...I... I uh... Jim... erm..."

"You like Jim, don't you?" Cherry smirked.

"Yes..."

"Awww!"

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

"Yeah, like giving the treasure map to Captain Smollet!"

"What?" Silver's voice called from behind Cherry.

Cherry flushed pale and turned to him nervously, shivering. "I-It's an expression? heh..."

"You can tell me, we're friends after all."

"Well..." Cherry brushed her hair behind her ear nervously. "Mr. Arrow took it and locked it up in the captain's cabin. I guess it's okay telling you though, you aren't the bad guy here."

"No," Silver chuckled and ruffled up her hair. "Now go get going, both of you."

"Yes sir," Cherry and Peach nodded, leaving.

That late night, Peach mentioned she would be a little late coming to bed, Cherry thought she probably went to kiss Jim or dance with him or something. Cherry shrugged it off and continued to sleep and purred in her sleep as it was a chilly evening.

"MAN OVERBOARD!" a voice shouted, making Cherry twist and spin around in her hammock, then it spun in reverse with her inside and dropped her down on the hard, cold wooden floor, twitching.

Cherry rushed up with everyone as she rubbed her sore backside. She rushed to the group as a crew member handed a hat to Captain Smollet. "I'm sorry sir. Mr. Arrow's gone overboard. And all we found was...his hat."

"Mr. Arrow's dead..." Jim whispered as he looked down at his friends.

Everyone on board stood as they bowed their heads with respect. Peach didn't cry, but she did feel empathetic and sympathetic for everyone. Jim turned to Peach and held her close. Peach just rolled her eyes, feeling no big deal over the death.

"And so my friends," Smollet's voice was heard. "The sea has claimed another loyal officer and friend: Mr. Samuel Arrow. A wonderful man who used to get up out of our beds before dawn for a good reason. May the wind be ever at your back, Samuel Arrow. Rest in peace, my friend. Amen."

"Amen." Everyone responded.