chapter 10

Out on deck, it was a beautiful night. There was a light breeze and the stars looked like diamonds out. There was smooth jazz for the rats. A photographer went out by a rat couple. Cherry had a hard time enjoying the night with everyone else though, she hadn't thrown up but she still felt ill inside.

Cherry heard giggling and turned her head. She saw Peach going away with Jim together to look at the moon. Cherry smiled at them but then shut her eyes tight as she looked like she was going to be sick. She turned back and desperately wanted to lie down in her own bed. "You okay?" a voice called to her.

Cherry gasped suddenly and grabbed her chest. She turned to see Mr. Silver right by her, looking concerned for her.

"I get sea sick..." Cherry replied with her voice fading slightly.

"Here, try these." Mr. Silver handed her white pills. Cherry took them, popped them in her mouth and drank a warm glass of water. In one swallow, Cherry felt instantly better and could finally enjoy the on deck part of her adventure.

"Thanks, Mr. Silver." Cherry smiled at him.

"Anything for a friend," he smiled back at her.

Cherry looked back out at the sea and thought fondly of her family. She was wondering if they would be okay while she was gone with Peach on yet another adventure. Cherry and Peach then met up later and went to bed in the bunk room.

"What did you and Jim talk about?" Cherry teased.

"Nothing important," Peach mumbled with some blush in her cheeks. "We just stared out at the ocean, danced a little, shared some food, talked about his father...and... you know it was nice and great and a big deal and..." Peach rambled on.

"Peach?" Cherry stopped her.

"Yeah?" Peach asked nervously.

"You're rambling." Cherry teased.

Peach rolled her eyes at her. "Just go to sleep, what were you and Long John doing?"

"He gave me some medicine and I don't feel nauseous anymore."

"Wow, impressive. Do you... like him?"

"What? Where did that come from?"

"You fancy him... You looked at him funny when we first met him..."

"Oh, go to sleep, Bubba." Cherry grumbled and turned over. "Good night and sweet dreams," Cherry yawned.

"Sweet dreams, mate." Peach blew out the lantern.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day after Gonzo was tortured into giving the map passed, and all was fine. Suddenly though, the wind died. The group was stranded in the middle of the ocean. It was very hot and it made Peach and Cherry more miserable than they already were. Cherry and Peach were in the kitchen with Long John to keep their minds off of things.

"I hate the hot..." Cherry mumbled. "I miss winter..."

"Come to England, mate." Peach told her. "It rains six out of seven days a week, it's cold a lot, you'd love it."

"I wanna go home..." Cherry moaned.

"I think you guys got..." Jim sounded nervous before he explained. "Cabin fever."

Everyone: I got cabin fever

It's running through my brain

I got cabin fever

It's driving me insane

We got cabin fever

We're flipping our bandanas

We got cabin fever

We've lost what sense we had

Peach: Or any to begin with

Everyone: We got cabin fever

We're all going mad

Grab your partner by the ear

Lash him to the wheel

Do-si-do, step on his toe, listen to him squeal

Allemande left, allemande right

It's time to sail or sink

Swing your partner over the side

Drop him in the dink

We got cabin fever

No, ifs, ands, or buts

We're disoriented and demented and a little nuts

We were sailing, sailing the wind was on our side

And then it died!

I got cabin fever I think I lost my grip

I'd like to get my hands on whoever wrote this script

I was floating 'neath a tropic moon and dreaming of a blue lagoon

Now I'm crazy as a loon!

Cabin fever has ravaged all aboard

This once proud vessel has become a floating psycho ward

We were sailing

Sailing headed who knows where and now though we're all here

We're not all there!

"Cabin fever..." Cherry whimpered as everyone else danced around. Due to her sitting around, Cherry was kicked all over back and forth. She was nearly kicked into the water and was hung all around as they kept dancing and she slid on the deck with her backside up. "I wanna go home..."

"Look! The wind is back!" a pirate exclaimed. "What are we doing? What's going on? What was that? I feel like such a fool!"

"Are you okay, mate?" Peach looked down at Cherry and set her up on her feet.

"Fine, you okay?" Cherry looked at her friends.

"Come on Cherry, quit lying around. Let's get dinner ready." Jim said, leading his friends back in the kitchen.