chapter 3

"Oh aye!" Billy Bones told his tale to the others as they gathered around him. "15 men went ashore that day and only Flint himself returned." He dumped his glass of rum in the fire. "And then old Flinty died before they could go back to that cursed island and dig up the treasure! No one knows til this day who has old Flint's treasure map! Now isn't that a story one to hear?" Billy looked around as he asked, and it looked as if no one had been paying attention.

"Yeah, that's some story!" Peach said, but she sounded falsely sincere.

"It was the few dozen times we heard it," one pig laughed.

"I'll drink to that!" a voice came in the group suddenly, making everyone laugh.

"But who has the map, now, huh?" Billy Bones laughed. "Some black-hearted, squid-sucking buccanear? Or maybe it's our very own Jim Hawkins. Eh, Jimmy?" Billy looked over at Jim.

"If I had the map, me and my friends wouldn't be serving you rum, Mr. Bones." Jim answered as he came into the room. This made Cherry chuckle a little bit.

"That's right!" Gonzo added. "We'd be out searching for that treasure! Sailing the seven seas on a five year mission! Boldly going where no man has gone before. Say, that's pretty catchy!"

"Not me." Rizzo shook his head. "If I had that treasure map, I'd be trading it for a decent meal."

"Or what about Miss Peach and Cherry, huh?" Billy looked at the teenage girls.

"I wouldn't be here either!" Peach giggled as she grabbed Cherry with her arm and forced her close by her. "I would be willing to fight alongside with my mates, 'til the end. Cherry and I conquered our fears and been on adventures loads of times!"

"Peach... Adventure isn't our best quality." Cherry said, uneasily.

"Oh Cherry, Cherry, Cherry..." Peach shook her head gently. "When was the last thing anything bad happened to you on our adventures together?"

"Besides..." Cherry said calmly, then got aggravated. "EVERY ONE!?"

"Hey Gonzo, you think he will be eating this?" Rizzo whispered as he looked at a piece of cheese.

"Now, there's an honest opinion! Shows a great sense of friendship and adventure like these girls share." Billy Bones blurted as he seemed to be rather drunk. "Aye! Beware of the one-legged man! He's the one to fear!"

Jim seemed uncomfortable, but shrugged along. "Don't worry, Captain. We'll watch for him."

"Yeah... We'll watch for him," Rizzo joked. "If he's delivering pizza!"

"The one-legged man?" Peach asked as everyone laughed.

"Even old Flint feared him," Bones said as he leaned into Peach's face making her wrinkle her nose at his foul breath. "If he comes poking around in here, you run for me! Quickly quick!"

"If we see him, we'll tell him." Jim said nervously.

"Yeah, one leg, three heads, a couple dozen noses." Gonzo said in disbelief.

"It's no joking matter, hose-nose!" Billy threatened as he gripped Gonzo's hook nose.

"Easy, buddy!" Cherry said gently as she took Gonzo for safety.

"Sorry lass, but this is important." Bones poked Cherry in the nose. "Listen all of you, one-legged man means death!"

"Awesome." Peach grimly smiled. "The sooner the better."

"Alright gentlemen! Closing time!" Mrs. Bulvridge called. "Place your bills before you chug off! Peach, after you're done with the dishes, get the floors! And don't forget to come back tomorrow for our lunchtime special: sucking p-...potatoes." Mrs. Bulvridge closed the door and came to everyone. "After you're done cleaning the kitchen, I left some table scraps for your supper, help yourselves girls!"

"I'll make some." Peach said as she finished picking dirty dishes up and getting them set to wash.

"Oh yes, and boys?" Bulvridge walked upstairs as she spoke. "You forgot to put out the lantern! If you forget that again, there will be no table scraps for a week!"

The group gathered to put the lantern out, then they went to wash the dishes. Peach and Jim washed, Cherry dried and Gonzo offered to break. They all thought of their lives and adventure, ecspecially Cherry and Peach. Cherry just wanted this adventure to be over so she could just go home.