Chapter 2

Madison's POV

This whole thing doesn't make sense. What am I even doing here? Could it be him or am I just dreaming?

"Hey Maddie." He replied without breaking eye contact.

"So it's really you? What? H-"

"There are other things we need to explain before we get to that" The one with the buzz cut said cutting me off. "I'm Liam"

"I'm Louis!" The one with greenish-blue eyes said.

"I'm Niall", the blonde one.

"and I'm Harry", the curly haired one said.

"What do you remember?" Liam asked me

"I was being attacked"

"Ohh okay....umm...yeah you were attacked but there is nothing to be afraid of. Don't freak out but we're erm...you know...not human." Louis said.

"Okay...can I go home?"

"We're vampire's" Louis said completely ignoring my question.

"What?"

"Harry lost control and attacked you, it was a complete accident. But thank god Niall saved you, otherwise...."

"Louis shut up! You don't know when to stop talking do you?" Liam turns to me and continues,"Don't be scared. We won't hurt you, I promise. Yeah, we are vampires but we don't hurt people...usually "

I didn't reply. I don't know what to do or say. Vampires? But it does explain a lot. Why am I still here. I should really get back home. But what about Zayn? No, I need to get out of here.

"You can't leave, no human is supposed to know about vampires, of course. If the original vampire finds out that you know, he wouldn't spare you and you won't have anyone to protect you. We might have to keep you here" Liam said with a hint of pity.

Original vampire? There is no way I'm staying here, even if my life sucks. I can't just leave everything, and Liah.

"I don't care" I got off the couch and started walking towards the door and before I could reach for the knob Harry was in front of me in flash.

"I can't let you leave. If you do, we'd be in trouble, especially me." He said with no expression on his face.

"Well, you should have thought about that before you tried to kill me!" I shouted at his face.

"You weren't supposed to be in the woods in the first place. Its your fault, you could have died because you were stupid enough to be here at this time of the night and now my life is in danger too!" He retorted.

"You're awfully rude for someone who attacked me! Oh wait, you should be...all monsters are like that aren't they?" I replied and reached for the door.

Before I knew it, I was pushed with my back against the door and his hand on my neck. He bent down and his lips were next to my ear, "You're forgetting that I can kill you this easily" he whispered tightening his grip and choking me.

In a few seconds Harry was flying across the hall because of Niall and Zayn carried me. Everything was blurred for a moment and I was suddenly in a room upstairs I think. I started seeing a few black spots and I felt like puking. He put me onto the bed and sat next to me.

"Maddie, I'm so sorry" Zayn finally spoke. "I know you must be confused. I promise I will explain everything but you can't leave, that would put everyone in danger."

"So you expect me to stay here? Forever?  I can't just leave everything behind Zayn! Liah is all alone! Where were you for the past three years when we needed a brother, our brother! I was fifteen! I didn't know what to do when Liah cried every night and when she kept asking what happened to you! Fights became more at home and things kept breaking. It is hard to keep our family together. I can't concentrate in classes, I dont even know who I can trust! I get bullied a lot and I lost my so called 'friends' when they found out that Dad lost his job and our money was gone almost completely. They said our family was messed up and that we have problems! I have no one to talk to Zayn, no one." I cried and felt warm tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I really am sorry. I was about to die in the car crash but Liam pulled me out and changed me into a...you know. I wouldn't say I'm alive right now but I did keep a watch on you and Liah. You did pretty good and I'm so proud of you. I couldn't go near you because I couldn't control my thirst for blood and couldn't ignore it as it was the only way to survive. I couldn't put your lives in danger by revealing myself. After two years I was able to control myself and I wanted to go back but people would be suspicious and ask a lot of questions. I want to see you both grow up. I want to see you everyday. I wanted to be there for you guys, but I can't. Don't worry about Liah, I'll make sure that she'll be alright. Nothing will happen to our little sister, I promise. " He replied with small smile. "By the way, if it isn't creepy, I always watched you and Liah walk to school"

I instantly threw my hands around him and he hugged back.

"I missed you Zayn."

"I missed you too Maddie. So much." He mumbled into my hair. "Now get some rest. This will be your room, it's the largest of all. If you need anything, I'll be in my room that is the next one to the right. Goodnight." He said and kissed my forehead before walking out the door and closing it behind him.

I laid down on the bed and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was 4:37 am. It has been a crazy day. The room was quite empty, wasn't furnished well but it was huge indeed. I got up and switched the lights off and lied down again.

I stared at the tiny light coming from the AC, how do they even get electricity in a house in the middle of the woods? I can't live here! That's insane! What am I supposed to do here, I have so many years ahead of me! I can't spend my life here...

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard someone twisting the door knob. I quickly shut my eyes and pretended I was asleep. I heard the door open-

"I know you're awake"

(Please tell me if it was good or not. Also tell me if there is anything I should include in the plot?  I hope you liked it! *I know it's short* If there are any errors...I did not edit it....sorry!.....I also fell and my phone screen cracked..hehe)