Nightmare

Nightmare

Dear Journal,

After all these years I decided that I had lost all my humanity. I decided for hunting I would only kill the murderers. If that makes any sense. I will only kill the humans that kill people, trying to make the town better while still getting what I need.

After I knew my family was fine I set off for hunting. I had been tracking 3 men their unsolvable crimes spiraling out of control.

 They were stalking a girl walking threw the dark streets. I crouched on a near by rooftop jumping to the next building if they got too far away. Waiting for the right moment. After jumping from building for a while a cold breeze sent their scents flying towards me. The girl was holding so many papers. They flew behind her. Before she turned around she muttered “These papers will be the death of me.” under her breath. I landed silently on the ground, letting my mind take over. I grabbed the man closest to me. I could feel his warm pulse under his skin. He didn’t have time to scream for help. My teeth crushed his windpipe what could have been his screams of terror turned to gurgles as blood went into his lungs I kill as quickly as I can. To try to reduce the amount of terror that gently flouts off their skin quickly filling the air. It was like I had a 6th sense.

The man’s blood was bitter full of alcohol. That’s the bad part of hunting the bad guys. Thinking I had to get the other two guys I threw the empty body against the wall. I heard a muffled scream and a thud. I turned and saw Jen drink one of the men. The other one was dead on the ground. She only snapped his neck. She gestured her hand towards the body, it was full of blood. As if she was saying go ahead, take it. I took him. I only felt terror from the girl huddled in the corner. Her arms wrapped around her knees, her head was in her knees. And she was rocking back and forth. When we were both finished I realized that the girl rocking back and forth with the straight blond hair was my sister. I wish she would faint wake up with the sun rising outside her window. I wish this was all just a nightmare for her- one she would wake up from. I wish she would just became so calm she would fall asleep… there was a thud and I opened my eyes. She was just laying there with a peaceful smile on her face. I quickly decided that I could not explain this to her, I couldn’t change her, and she couldn’t be without explanation. I picked her up and cradled her in my arms like she was a baby. I felt the back of her head for a bump. I really didn’t want to hit her head against the brick wall. I moved her to a different spot. I picked up her papers and binder and set them near her letting the wind decide wear they go. I stepped back and looked at my “work”. Yep looks like she tripped. Before leaving I kissed her forehead. Hoping this would not be the last time I see her. I took off. I heard Jen behind me. I went up the hill from the east side. I entered the barn. Maria, Nettie, and Lucy were sitting with one newborn.

Peter.

-Jasper-