Chapter 7

A/N: Thanks for the kind words on my last update. I recently had surgery on my ankle and my doctor said it's healing well. Again, I'm going to have plenty of time for this story now 🙃

As much as Lauren wanted to avoid you, she kept seeing you every weekend. Whether you were even aware of her feelings or no, you were still her friend. While her dad and yours were finalizing the sale over the power plant, she kept tagging along to these meetings . . . that were held at your house. Sometimes she would see you and would have a nice chat with you. Other times, you were rushing off to another job interview or for a date with Gwen.

Speaking of the devil herself, Lauren wanted nothing to do with the blonde. As much as she wanted to never see her again, she would never allow anyone to just use you and throw you away. Regardless of her feelings for you.

But Lauren couldn't shake her feelings. She knew you two were never together and that you probably weren't even aware of it, but her heart was broken and she hated it. Even though you weren't her ex, you had shattered her worse than any of her actual exes could have.

She graoned as she rolled around in her bed. It was still pretty early in the morning and she should be taking advantage of this beautiful Saturday. But here she was, lonely and alone. Physically, that is.

She heard a buzz and instantly reached for her phone. The groupchat was going crazy over Mani landing herself a job at the movie theater. Parker was partially to thank for that, but he gave Mani the credit for doing a great interview.

Lauren commented here and there but didn't really engage in the conversation. She was feeling too shitty and just wanted to talk one-on-one with Dinah.

Lauren:

I feel like shit

DJ:

Are you sick, what's wrong??

Lauren:

No it's (Y/N)

DJ:

Awww, Lo it's okay it may seem gloomy now but I know you guys are right for each other!

Lauren smiled but then frowned when she remembered (Y/N)'s current relationship status.

Lauren:

You think that but (Y/N) sure as hell doesn't

DJ:

She'll snap out of it soon! And between us I'm pretty sure she's getting sick of her gf....

Lauren:

What do you mean

DJ:

Jackie told us how much (Y/N) and Gwen have been fighting and that they've been getting on each other's nerves for days

Lauren felt a little hope in her chest but she felt guilty that she was happy about your relationship failing. It made her feel dirty . . . and not the good kind.

Lauren:

Well.... Shit

DJ:

Yup so cheer up (Y/N)'s going to be falling head over heels for you in no time, girly! You got this!

DJ:

And if you ever need to text, call, or facetime, you know I'm always here for you!

Suddenly the brunette didn't feel as lonely she did a few minutes ago.